seventeen | part two

-THE ONE WITH THE TWO PARTS: PART TWO-

"Then why are you so afraid?" Kathleen asked her daughter, Erika paused.

"I don't know! Chandlers a great guy. He's funny, he's sweet, he's everything I've ever wanted. But every time I even think about having a relationship with Chandler I can't help but think it'll ruin our friendship." Erika shrugged.

"Honey, sometimes love is worth the risk. Even if it means you have to ruin a friendship." Kathleen replied.

"But—" Erika started.

"The point is, you like this guy. I haven't seen you this happy in forever. What Brad did was horrible but that doesn't mean that you should give up on love." Kathleen stated making Erika nod.

"Thanks, mum." Erika smiled giving her mother a quick hug.

———

"So he said it was just a sprain." Rachel stated as the friends set up for Phoebes surprise party, "and that was it."

"You left out the stupid part." Monica mentioned.

"It's not stupid. The very cute doctors asked us out for tomorrow night, and I said yes." Rachel smiled.

"Did you get to use their stethoscope?" Erika asked sarcastically.

"I think it's totally insane." Monica rolled her eyes, "they work for the hospital. It's like returning to the scene of the crime. I say we blow off the dates." Monica shrugged.

"What?!" Rachel exclaimed, "Monica, they are cute, they are doctors. Cute doctors. Doctors who are cute."

"All right. What have we learnt so far?" Chandler asked rhetorically before there was a knock on the door and everyone ran to hide thinking it was Phoebe.

Monica answered the door as everyone screamed surprise only to find out that it was Ross at the door and the screaming made him drop phoebes birthday cake.

"What the hell were you doing? You scared the crap out of me." Ross sighed.

"Was that the cake?" Rachel questioned.

"Yeah. I got a lemon smush." Ross shrugged.

"Come on. She'll be here any minute." Monica groaned as the friends ran over to the table to look at the now smushed cake.

"Well, it looks edible." Erika shrugged.

"Happy Birthday, PeeHee." Chandler read off the top of the cake.

"Maybe we can make a 'b' out of one of the roses." Monica suggested.

"Yeah, we'll just use our special cake tools." Ross nodded.

"Hey, what's going on?" A voice said from behind the group.

"Well..." the group started before realising it was Phoebe, "oh, surprise!"

"Oh, this is so great!" Phoebe exclaimed, "not at all scary. Everyone I love is in the same room. Where's Joey?" Phoebe said before her smile dropped.

———

"Why would I sleep with Billy Dreskin?" Rachel asked her father over the phone after Monica spilled her secret, "his father tried to put you out of business." Rachel lowered the phone towards her chest, "you are dead!" Rachel whispered to Monica before Marcel grabbed the TV remote again.

"Ross, he's got the remote again." Matthew groaned.

"Good. Maybe he can switch it back." Ross shrugged before Marcel dropped the remote, "maybe not." Matthew rolled his eyes before Joey walked into sadly.

"Hey." Joey greeted.

"Trouble?" Phoebe asked rather rudely.

"Your sister stood me up the other night." Joey sighed.

"Don't you hate it when people aren't there for you?" Phoebe shrugged.

"Did you try calling her? Maybe she was waiting at her apartment to get laid by you." Matthew laughed jokingly earning a glare from Phoebe.

"I've been trying for two days." Joey nodded, "when I called the restaurant they said she was too busy to talk. I can't believe she's blowing me off."

———

Erika woke up to a rapid knocking on her apartment door making her roll out of bed to go answer it.

"You like Chandler?!" Matthew shouted as he walked inside.

"How do you know that?" Erika questioned.

"Our mother told me!" Matthew scoffed.

"Of course she did." Erika sighed, "look, it's not a big deal. It's a stupid crush." Erika shrugged.

"It better just be a crush because if I find out that you guys are canoodling, I'm gonna throw up." Matthew grimaced.

"Okay. But, hypothetically, if something were to happen, would it be such a big deal?" Erika questioned.

"Yes. My sister and my best friend! It's weird." Matthew scolded.

"I didn't know you guys were that close." Erika smiled before nodding, "okay, nothing is gonna happen between me and Chandler."

"Promise?" Matthew asked making Erika nod unsurely before Matthew got a message about Marcel that made them run to the hospital.

———

"We just got the message." Erika said as they ran into Marcels hospital room after finding out he swallowed a scrabble tile.

"Is he alright?" Matthew asked.

"Yeah. The doctor got the 'k' out." Ross nodded, "he also found an 'm' and an 'o'."

"We think he was trying to spell monkey." Chandler smiled.

"The doctor says he's gonna be fine." Ross shrugged, "he's just sleeping now."

"So, you feel like a dad yet?" Chandler questioned.

"No. Why?" Ross asked.

"Come on. You came through." Chandler replied, "you did what you had to do. That's very dad."