nine | underdog

- THE ONE WHERE UNDERDOG GETS AWAY -

———

"Hey." Monica greeted as she walked into Central Perk, "Ross, did you know that mum and dad are going to Puerto Rico for thanksgiving?" Monica asked her brother.

"No, they're not." Ross scoffed.

"The Blymans invited them." Monica confirmed.

"You're wrong!" Ross exclaimed.

"I am not wrong." Monica scoffed, "I just talked to them."

"I'm calling mum." Ross said as he stood up.

"Hey." Joey greeted as he walked into Central Perk and sat down.

"And this from the cry for help department—are you wearing makeup?" Chandler questioned.

"Yes, I am." Joey smirked, "as of today, I am officially Joey Tribbiani actor slash model."

"That's so funny, cause I was thinking you look more like Joey Tribbiani man slash women." Chandler joked.

"What we're you modelling for?" Phoebe asked.

"You know those posters for the city free clinic?" Joey asked.

"Wow! So you'll be one of those healthy, healthy, healthy guys?" Monica asked in shock making Joey nod proudly.

"You know, the asthma guy's really cute." Phoebe stated.

"Do you know which one you'll be?" Chandler questioned.

"No, but I hear Lyme disease is open, so..." Joey crossed his fingers.

"Good luck, man. I hope you get it." Chandler encouraged.

"Well, you were right." Ross spoke as he walked back over to the group, "how can they do this to us?" Ross complained.

"Well, because they're adults and you guys are apparently still children." Erika shrugged, "it's only thanksgiving. I can cook a dinner at my place." Erika offered, "I'll make those stupid potatoes with the lumps. Monica can help me." Erika smiled making Ross beam in excitement, "Joey, you're going home, right?"

"Yeah." Joey nodded.

"And I assume, Chandler, you're still boycotting all the pilgrim holidays." Erika guessed.