Chapter 1: New Year (2)

Cheng Ying Ji came down from upstairs, looked at her mother watching her performance, looking fascinated, and felt a bit embarrassed. She calmly went downstairs and sat down in the middle of the sofa opposite her mother. Cheng Hao picked up a cup of freshly brewed tea and went to sit next to his wife. Cheng Jing and Huo Xiu had just finished eating and were each sitting next to Cheng Ying Ji, watching TV. She was a bit uncomfortable and wanted to change seats, but in the end, she gave up.

"When did you learn piano?"

In Cheng Ying Ji's performance, there was a part where she played the piano, making Cheng Jing unable to stop his curiosity and ask in a low voice. Cheng Ying Ji was eating a piece of apple, but before she could chew it, she was choked by Cheng Jing's question. Cheng Jing reluctantly pulled out a tissue to wipe his sister's mouth. She instinctively took the tissue from his hand, wiped it herself, and said embarrassedly.

"I learned it when I was a kid."

"You played it beautifully."

"Thank you."

Cheng Ying Ji laughed. Mrs. Cheng watched and swayed to the music. When she saw it, she smiled and asked casually.

"Next time, I guess I will send you my concert ticket so you can watch me live then, mom?"

When Mrs. Cheng heard that, she immediately turned her head to look at her and happily asked. "Is it possible?"

Cheng Ying Ji touched her nose. "Of course, next time I will send you a ticket."

"I want it too."

Cheng Jing said quickly. Cheng Ying Ji turned her head to look at him. "You're pretty busy, can you go then?"

"As long as you give me the ticket, I will make sure to go."

"I didn't expect that a famous actor like you would save your money from buying my concert ticket and ask me to give you one instead." Cheng Ying Ji was just casually joking, so she didn't notice that everyone in the room seemed very flustered, afraid that she would be unhappy. At this time, she also checked her schedule and continued. "I have a concert next month, the last concert on this tour, taking place on the 15th, can you go or do you have plans on that day?"

"Sounds good for me."

"But you haven't checked your schedule..."

"It's okay, I can always reschedule work that day."

Cheng Ying Ji didn't ask anymore. She conveniently texted her manager to ask for some concert tickets and told Jing Dian to send them to her parents and Cheng Jing. Her company already knew that she was Cheng Jing's younger sister. At this moment, Cheng Ying Ji remembered that Huo Xiu was still sitting there. She instinctively raised her head to look at him and saw that the other person was also looking at her. She was a little stunned, smiled, and asked.

"Senior, do you want..."

"My pleasure to have a ticket from you then."

Huo Xiu did not refuse, directly demanding the ticket from Cheng Ying Ji. She also didn't think he would react like that. She was a bit surprised, but after thinking about it for a moment, she didn't ask Jing Dian to send the ticket himself and just said.

"I'll give it to you later."

"Sure."

Sitting and watching TV with everyone, chatting a bit, Cheng Ying Ji also learned why Huo Xiu came here to celebrate New Year's Eve. It turned out that Cheng Jing and Huo Xiu had been classmates since high school. In college, one studied to become an actor, the other studied finance, but still kept in touch. Who would have thought that after several years, they would eventually become Best Male Actor together? They have been friends for a long time, so they still visit each other often.