Chapter 9 - Housewarming Party (2)

Huo Xiu nodded and did not ask any more questions. The two of them didn't say a word to each other, but the atmosphere wasn't awkward. Huo Xiu was a quiet person, and Cheng Ying Ji had no topic to start a conversation with him, so she ignored the idea of striking up a conversation. The two of them had known each other for a short time, basically, Cheng Jing was the only connection between them, so they weren't close at all. Cheng Ying Ji had no need to become friends with this man, so she didn't even notice how strange it was for the two of them to be together in silence like this.

"Ah, right, the concert ticket." Cheng Ying Ji suddenly remembered, put on little white rabbit-shaped cotton slippers, and ran upstairs to her bedroom. When she returned, she had a ticket in her hand. "For you."

Huo Xiu took the ticket and smiled softly.

"Oh, front row?"

"Yeah, that VIP seat." Cheng Ying Ji said with a smile. "Anyway, the front row doesn't have to jostle, so the experience of watching the concert is a bit better."

The two of them once again fell into silence. After Huo Xiu finished eating, he didn't let Cheng Ying Ji clean up. He went to wash the dishes, and she stood on one side to wipe the dishes and then put them in the cupboard. The atmosphere between the two brought a strange feeling of harmony, but the person in question didn't think that much about it.

"Have you looked at the script yet?"

"Yes." Cheng Ying Ji replied. "I won't accept this role."

"What's the matter?"

Huo Xiu was not surprised, because from the beginning when he invited her, she refused without receiving the script first. Based on her attitude, it is enough to understand that even if she received the script and studied it, she would not accept this role. The role that Huo Xiu mentioned can actually be considered as the female lead in the crime-solving detective movie that both he and Cheng Jing are interested in.

The role that Huo Xiu nominated for Cheng Ying Ji is a famous female singer, the top performer of the Shining Tears theater - Tang Su Su. She actually has another identity, a spy who has the mission to learn about the intelligence of a notorious criminal organization.

Tang Su Su went undercover for many years, building trust with the organization's headquarters, but in the process of leaking intelligence to the police, she was suspected by the organization. Tang Su Su was forced to put all the blame on another undercover police officer accompanying her, Liu Ying. In the end, she even had to kill her own teammate to regain trust in the criminal organization.

After that event, Tang Su Su tried even harder to gather intelligence so that the police could arrest the boss of the organization. But in the end, all her efforts were ruined by lawyer Xu Sheng when he successfully defended the boss, helping him escape from prison. Tang Su Su's life has also been threatened since then when this organization relentlessly tried to assassinate her. After many hardships, Tang Su Su was finally able to successfully capture the boss again, but in exchange for her life.

The focus of this film is on Xu Sheng and Tang Qing. Because Xu Sheng and Tang Qing - the captain of the police team - are the two male leads. Tang Qing has a lost sister, Tang Su Su. Xu Sheng knew about this, but Tang Su Su had already decided to sacrifice herself for the mission, so she asked him not to say anything. Finally, from the enemy, Xu Sheng was the one who helped Tang Su Su recapture the boss.

This film has no emotional plot, only action scenes and intense crime scenes, very suitable for the filming style of Huo Xiu and Cheng Jing. Moreover, these two actors don't know why... one chose the role of Tang Qing, and the other chose Xu Sheng, They are not competing with each other for resources at all. Huo Xiu is the one aiming for the role of Xu Sheng. If Cheng Ying Ji plays the role of Tang Su Su, there will be a lot of scenes between the two.