Chapter 14

(Dom's POV)

Today is the day. The day of Han's funeral. Grief and anger are the only things I'm feeling currently. Brian, Tej, Mia, and Roman are standing by me for his funeral. After everything I wasn't sure Tej and Roman would come, but they did. That's the tricky thing about losing a loved one, death somehow manages to bring the deepest of chasms together. The hole is still there but it's filled with grief and longing.

The skies overhead mourn in unison with us today, not just for the loss of family, but for the loss of the memories. The home that we broke bread in for thirty plus years crumbled under the weight of vengeance and anger. A home once filled with laughter,  joy, sibling bonds, love, and comfort has been lost. Memories of childhood naivety, innocence, playfulness, backyard summers, late night conversations, accomplishments, dreams, and goals have been taken.

The weight of it all sits upon my shoulders, our shoulders. The only thing left is a few tattered photos and my dad's prized possession, his dodge charger. Here at this funeral we all cry out tears of sorrow, but for me it's tears of shame. I'm ashamed of the man I've become. I'm so used to being confident and having it all together it's almost freeing to now bear the truth of this moment.

How many times do you have to fall until you can find your feet again? The warmth of a hand resting on my shoulder brings me back into this moment. Mia gently pulls me into a side hug as she rests her head on my shoulder. As lost as I am right now, the only guiding light I have continues to be my family.

We all stand here united. Arm in arm,  shoulder to shoulder, as we grieve the loss of a man that can never be replaced. Han Lue, may you drive peacefully into the forever sun.
"They're letting fear lead them. What happens if they don't? Life's simple. You make choices and you don't look back."

                     ~ Han Lue  (1972-2017)~

*******

(Dom's POV)

A few of Han's close friends and family sit around the diner with us. We thought it would only be right to have his reception here at Toretto's. The house may be gone but the shop and diner are still here. It brings everyone comfort to know all isn't lost. Tej and Roman sit at a booth in the back chatting privately. Mia takes it upon herself to make sure the food is placed out and served just right. Brian sits here with me at the counter where it all began.

I called Letty a few moments ago to share the news, but as usual she didn't answer. She's closed herself off and understandably so. The roaring of engines cut down the silent street in front of the diner. Rising my head, Brian and I look at each other in shared confusion. Two cars pull up towards the front as two familiar faces step out. And it seems the house inflamed became a beacon... a call home for those who had left.

"Well would you look at that, boss man and the buster."

Lo and behold, Leon and Jesse found their way home. "You know when Leon and I got a call that 1321 went up in flames, I was praying it wasn't so." Jesse commented with a smirk. A grown up Jesse with all his quirks and spontaneity walks alongside Leon into the dinner. A squeal of shock and excitement leaves Mia and she runs at full speed towards the two. Mia is nothing short of a blur as she just barely pummels into the two. Joyous laughter is shared amongst Brian, Leon, Jesse, and I.

It's as if nothing has changed.

A/N

Hello!

Sorry for the non-existent updates. My health has been challenged these last few weeks.

But in other news. Leon and Jesse are joining the gang again! So excited!!!!!! And for all my patient readers I have a surprise involving Jai. So keep reading as things in F7 will be different, yet the stakes will be sooooo much higher as I am setting up for F8. And when I tell you the drama WILL be there! If you thought I was done giving yall heart attacks. I'm not🙃

Nobody's ready not even me.

Much love and stay safe!

Rose☺️🥀