Chapter 22

(3rd POV)

The phone continues to ring in the woman's hand. She waits patiently in the sterile environment as the phone call makes its way to voicemail. With a heavy sigh the overworked woman returns to her post. After working multiple six hour shifts back to back, she had hoped for a positive outcome. But alas it seems that positive reunification will have to wait just a bit longer...

"I'm sorry hun, it seems that your contact didn't answer. Do you have another number that I can try?" The woman asked. "Um...d-do you mind calling Magdalene Shaw? I believe she's also listed as one of my contacts." She slightly coughed.

"Of course, love." The woman answered.

Another quick phone call later and Magdalene, aka, Queenie Shaw came rushing through with Owen and his niece Jazzy right on her heels. Queenie's heels clicked loudly against the linoleum floor as the pounding of Owen's shoes contrasted with the pitter-patter of Jazzy's light steps.

Finally arriving at the room of choice relief filled everyone's shoulders. The entire building could breathe knowing everyone in it had held up their end of the bargain and would live to see another day because of it.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"MUMMY!" Jazzy yelled as she ran to her mother's bedside at full force. Tears filled both of their eyes. Jai's tears overflowed with the relief of being alive. Being able to see her family again after being told she barely survived her coma made her tears multiply. One of a mother's worst nightmares is not being able to live to see the people your children become.

A wife's worst nightmare is leaving the earth before you can express the infinite amount of love you will always and forever have for your spouse. Jazzy's tears were consumed by relief and grief. Practically a year's worth of grief has crumbled Jasmine's entire being.

Losing her mother, sister, and now father has been what most would call her villain origin story.  Especially since it all started at the hands of one Dominic Toretto. A man that has inadvertently taken too much from her. But Jasmine is known as 'little bird' for a reason.

She may be small, naively sweet, and gentle spirited, but she is fiercely loyal, and smart as a whip. Although most who don't know her tend to underestimate her, she's not one to be overlooked. Her song entrances all, but her bite can hurt worse than anything.

Jai herself would even say that her daughter is one that can rival her and Owen alike. But Jasmine's sweet nature is one that she prides herself in. Even if brought to the brink of insanity, Jasmine would rather choose peace.

********

Jasmine rests as she and her mother lay comfortably in the hospital bed. Queenie left only a few hours ago. With Deckard's arrest and Jai still recuperating, someone needed to keep the family business running. Sadly, that is something Queenie couldn't count on Owen to do, especially with him being all consumed by Dani's disappearance. And Hattie, the sister of Owen and Deckard, is currently incognito.

Dani being missing for as long as she has is a matter that is pressing for the entire family. Who knows who could have her. And Lord knows the Shaw's have many enemies. And then there is the most recent problem, Cipher. The biggest concern of both Owen and Jai.

That woman would stop at nothing to hurt the family. Even if she and Jai were business partners. Jai knew to trust Cipher as far as she could throw her. And with Jai being out of commission and Owen off from under her thumb, you could only imagine Cipher's thought process.

Jai initially panicked as any parent would when she found out Dani was gone. And Dani's initial feelings about her mother's accident was no surprise to her. Dani can and always has been headstrong. A shared trait that Jai believed to be inherited.