| 16 |

the green

the green

Authors Note# Here's another chapter for you guys, hope you like it.

________________________________________________________________

I was sleeping, and then I was woken up by something splashed on my face. "Huh? What happened? Are we home yet?" I ask groggily. I look at Damien who was holding his laughter.

I cross my arms together and narrowed my eyes at him. "Really?" He then bursts out laughing. I wipe off the water from my face and waved my hand around and made a small rain cloud above his head, a small crack of thunder came from the cloud and started pouring on him. He stops laughing and blinks his eyes for a moment.

"Okay, I guess I deserve that." He says and smile innocently at him. "Since when can you do that?" he asks me as he shook his head to get the water out.

"About a few days ago. When you and the others were asleep, and let me tell you, it was harder than it is." I say as I waved my hand and the cloud was gone.

"That's good to know." He says and then the sun went down and both Bronx and Goliath wake up. Bronx pounces onto the bench next to me and that caused boat to shift a bit.

"Easy boy, we don't need the skiff to tip over," I say as I scratched the back of his ears.

Then Damien groans again as he sees the mist disperses to where our next destination is. "Argh! Please tell me that this Manhattan place is near the jungle." He says to me.

"Not even close. The closest thing to a jungle is the zoos we have." I say to him, I then felt hot and sweaty in my jacket. "It feels like a sauna out here." I say as I take off my jacket. Then after I said that, we hear gunshots. "Okay, now it sounds like a warzone over there." I say as we puled up to shore and when we did, we rushed towards where the shots were.

We rushed towards the location, and we see smoke coming from a truck in the area. "A warzone indeed." Goliath says as he pushes the leaf of the bush away to get a closer look. I look to the right and see who they were shooting at.