day 19, 69ing ⇢ john hancock

warnings: drug use, sex while high, teasing, dirty talk, fingering, hancock calls reader sunshine

~~~

To Hancock, getting high was second nature. He was always popping one chem or another on your travels. You didn't mind. Whatever he had to do to get through the day.

You ventured through the gritty streets of Goodneighbor, looking for your friend. You had a surprise for him, after all. The raucous sounds of the Third Rail on a Saturday night graced your ears, and you found yourself being pulled there.

You nodded to the security guard and descended the steps. Smooth jazz and the low murmur of voices greeted you as you entered the bar. A grin fought itself onto your features as you spotted, through the cigarette smoke and lively conversations of the patrons, your favorite Mayor seated at the bar, talking to Whitechapel Charlie.

You sidled up next to him, leaning on the bar, nodding to Charlie as you sat. "Room for one more?"

"Look who decided to finally show up," Hancock drawled, pushing his tricorn hat back to let his eyes rake over your form.

"The super mutants trying to kill me didn't seem to care that I had a date tonight," you retorted, chuckling a little at your joke.

You and Hancock weren't exactly together, but you couldn't deny that you felt strongly toward him. The lingering glances and semi-sexual remarks while you were traveling were enough of an indication that Hancock liked you too.

The usual grin on his face widened at your reply. He rubbed his chin, a mischievous glint in his eyes, "Date, huh?"

You leaned into his space, emboldened by his gaze on yours. "Yeah, although it's a little crowded in here," you titled your head, glancing around the room and its various patrons.

"Why don't you and me get outta here, sunshine?" Hancock suggested as he slid from his stool and offered you an arm.

You stood and took his arm, "Thought you'd never ask, mayor."

You were giddy as you made the short walk to the Old State House. While on your adventures out in the Commonwealth, you'd found a bottle of Day Tripper. It was popular back in your day for those attempting to escape the troubles of their everyday life, and you didn't think that Hancock had ever tried it before.

Fahrenheit nodded to both of you as you entered the old building from her usual place at the bottom of the spiral staircase. Her gaze danced between the two of you for a moment before Hancock led you up the stairs.

You sauntered toward one of the couches in the middle of the room, and Hancock shut the double doors to his room behind him. Your heart rate picked up at the telltale sound of the lock clicking. You took your seat and patted the cushion next to you.

He sat next to you, eyes dancing across your features. "There's another reason why I was late," you mentioned as he reclined and threw an arm over the couch.

He hummed, turning his head to look at you. You rifled through your bag before your hands wrapped around the blue-green bottle. You pulled it out and handed it to him.

He took it from you and raised an eyebrow as he read the label. It was white and covered with flowers. From what you'd heard about the effects, you assumed that the label was supposed to reflect how you felt while you were on it.

"Where'd you find this?"

"West Roxbury Station, out by University Point. I wasn't lying about the super mutants trying to kill me," you laughed, giving him a half-shrug.