twenty

As soon as Jisung placed his phone on top of the side table, he realized that he got a bit thirsty

As soon as Jisung placed his phone on top of the side table, he realized that he got a bit thirsty. He didn't drink any water this night and the alcohol is actually making his throat drier.

He then went out of the room and was about to walk downstairs to grab some water but he heard shuffles along the way so he stopped.

"Minho can you just tell me why can't I stay with you? The guest room is boring and I want to hang out with you"

"Minnie, I want you to not stay here but it's late and you don't want to leave too. So it's either you sleep in the guest room, or just leave me alone. I don't care"

"You used to care, Minho. What happened?"

"You know what happened? You happened. You made me feel unworthy of anything and you're going back here as if you didn't do me wrong. You never cared about me so why would I care now?"

"You really think I did that shit on purpose? I left without saying anything because that's basically what my company said. They wanted me to be linked with someone I do not know in order to protect you! I protected you because you were just starting in the industry! I begged my company to do something because that's how I loved you!"

"Yet you didn't have the guts to tell me about it? You didn't love me at all, Minnie and you weren't saving me. You were only saving yourself! You could've just said you don't love me anymore or you could've just really cheated on me instead of letting me suffer with the thought of I lost you because I did something wrong! You were wrong but I chose to blame myself! Because of you! The last thing I want right now is for you to not show up anymore. I don't want to be rude so I entertained you, but can you be a little considerate of how I might feel? You appearing in my house as if nothing happened? Acting like we're still together and even telling Jisung that you're still my girlfriend?"

"Why? Why is he so important that you're worrying so much about what he might feel because of what I said?"

"He's more important than you are right now and I want you to tell everyone the truth. We're not together and we will never be together again. I don't love you anymore and I don't have anything more for you. I just want you to leave me the fuck alone!"

Jisung's eyes widened when he heard Minho's answer. He was about to leave but can he be thankful that his feet was glued on the stairs? That he can't move because he's hearing them fight?

He doesn't know what kind of courage he got from Minho's answer so he just jogged towards the kitchen, making Minho and Minnie clear their throats. They didn't expect Jisung to go downstairs with them arguing and they also don't want the other to know they're fighting, so they got embarrassed.

"I would appreciate it if you'll just tone it down a bit so the two won't be bothered. You guys are not the only one in this house, you know?" Jisung stated and took a bottle of water inside the fridge and walked past them.

"Minnie just go to sleep or leave. Jisung let's talk" Minho then grabbed the younger's hand and he led them upstairs, leaving the sobbing girl alone.

"I'm about to sleep. I have to leave early" Jisung muttered but Minho was fast to hug him that he got surprised. What's with the sudden contact? What's with the sudden intimacy? Now it got him thinking why Minho is suddenly acting like this.

"Jisung are you mad at me?"
"No. Why would I be mad?"
"Am I wrong to think that you're ignoring me?"
"I am not ignoring you"
"Then why do you feel so distant?"
"I just know my boundaries"
"What do you mean?"

He doesn't want to talk, nor he doesn't want to tell him that he was jealous over Minnie. If he told him, that would just lead him to confessing about what he feels.

"Hyung, I am not ignoring you. I kinda just felt a little sad because I feel like I got left behind because I don't know Minnie noona and I was just surprised that you have someone yet you didn't tell me. We were just talking about the struggle or the envy of not having someone and hearing that Minnie noona is your girlfriend, I kinda got confused"

Minho figured out that this would be Jisung's reason. Not that he's delusional, but he feels like there's more to it than that.

"I didn't tell you because we're not together anymore. I didn't know she would still introduce herself as my girlfriend because that night we already talked about it. I already told her that I don't want anything from her anymore. I said it was complicated because she's begging for me to try again. Now that I made up my mind, I am decided. I don't love her anymore"

"But hyung?"

Minho then raised his head to level Jisung's eyes and he raised his eyebrows, signaling that he responded with the younger's call.

""Hmm?"
"Why are you telling me these?"
"What?"
"You don't have to explain yourself. I totally understand"
"Right. I'm sorry. I just want to make it clear with you. I'm also telling you because you are important to me. I'm really sorry"
"It's fine, hyung. I gotta go to bed. I'll see ya around"

With that, Jisung walked inside his room without looking back. He felt a little guilty, but he thinks what he did was for the best. He can't risk the friendship that they have just because of his stupid feelings. He wants to maintain what they have. He wants all three of them to be comfortable whenever he's around.