Chapter 288

As Alex spoke, he staggered back and kicked a bottle on the ground. The bottle was empty, and it fell down and rolled to Bai Liu’s feet.

Bai Liu lowered his eyes and looked over, and saw in neat writing on the bottle – [Medicine to Reactivate Cells of Dead Organisms (Animal Experimental Version, Do Not Use on Humans)].

[Developed by: Alex Brown]

Bai Liu moved his eyes, and saw several empty bottles scattered behind Alex. He then calmly looked at the corpses around him.

The fragmented upper limbs, half of a head with the brain exposed, and a calf whose tendons were broken by the explosion, all aimed their fractures at Bai Liu at an eerie angle.

In the dim tent, these bloody fractures seemed to be the eyes of these limbs. They were using their rotten eyes to greedily stare at Bai Liu, the uninvited guest with intact limbs.

It’s as if…these fragments of corpses have evolved independent consciousness.

[System prompt: Congratulations to player Bai Liu for unlocking the “Dense Forest Border” monster book – half-dead corpse]

[Players can earn one point by collecting and subduing a half-dead corpse piece. The player with the highest total points within seven days wins]

It seems that these are the body parts that the game asked them to collect.

And the creator of these corpses… Bai Liu slowly raised his eyes to look at Alex, who was still collapsed, kneeling on the ground. He could feel a sway of position caused by tremendous pain in this NPC.

This should be a central plot point that determines whether Alex defects or not.

Bai Liu didn’t get up and let the corpses squirm closer to him. He stayed crouched and looked at Alex: “You think Guy did something wrong, but do you think these corpses did the right thing?”

Alex held his head and howled in pain. He did not answer Bai Liu’s words, but the wavering and confusion in his eyes already showed his answer – he felt that what these people did was not right either.

Bai Liu glanced at the corpses on the ground and said meaningfully: “Guy told you that war is like this. In war, everyone is a corpse without emotion.”

“I think your idea before was quite good. If a corpse could come back to life to fight, no one would be harmed.” Bai Liu sighed regretfully, “But this is simply impossible.”

Alex paused.

After saying that, Bai Liu patted Alex’s shoulder, who was motionless after hearing these words: “Get a good rest, there will be a big battle tomorrow, and we don’t know how many fresh corpses will be produced. We will be busy.”

Bai Liu stood up and pulled Spades, whose eyes were almost glued to the corpses, out of Alex’s tent and back to their own tent.

Spades looked at Bai Liu: “You are baiting Alex to switch camps.”

“That’s not entirely the case.” After Bai Liu entered the tent, he took off his military uniform coat stained with dirt and hung it on the wall. He then laid on the camp bed and turned his head to look at Spades with a smile. “Changing camps will not be beneficial to us. If Alex switches to the enemy’s side and we defect after him, the enemy’s acceptance of us rebels will definitely not be as high as that of The Judge and others who defected from the beginning.”

“To put it simply, if Alex defects, our chances of winning won’t be as high as those of The Judge.” Bai Liu opened his eyes and looked at Spades with a half-smile, “In this case, The Judge and the others have a high probability of winning over you.”