Chapter 292

Bai Jiamu blurted out: “Why did you suddenly read Bai Liu’s fortune?!”

“What fortune-telling!” The Judge retorted, seemingly angry, “My skill is called [Listening to God’s Words], and it’s different from fortune-telling, okay?”

“It’s all the same.” A teammate from Killer Sequence next to him leaned over with interest, “What did you figure out?”

The Judge’s gaze paused, and he smiled: “I have calculated the birth of a new god.”

Bai Jiamu quickly thought of the group of indigenous people who like to raise snakes, and their strange attitude towards Bai Liu. He frowned: “Are you saying that Bai Liu will become the new god of these indigenous believers in this dungeon?”

The Judge  turned around, and there was no emotion in his voice: “Sort of.”

“However, the origins of gods are the same. Bai Liu can be selected here, which proves that he has been selected in all copies. That’s why he keeps encountering old gods… god level NPCs.”

The Judge was quiet for a moment: “The evil god chose Bai Liu as his next successor. He is inducing Bai Liu to kill the god-level NPC.”

Bai Jiamu frowned when he heard this: “What do you mean?”

The Judge turned around and smiled again: “I don’t really understand, I just saw some things that the gods were talking about. This is what the prophecy is.”

“Even I, a prophet, sometimes don’t know whether the things I predict are true, or whether the gods deliberately sent these words to lead me astray.”

The more Bai Jiamu listened, the more confused he became. His brows were almost knotted: “You mean God lies?”

The Judge shook his head: “As you know, my skill identity is similar to that of a judge in religion, and my skill is to accept God’s oracle about the future and use this prophetic oracle to judge everyone.”

“The oracle is absolutely true and God can indeed see everything that will happen to everyone in the future.”

Bai Jiamu became more and more confused as he listened: “Then why…”

The Judge lowered his eyes slightly, as if he was deep in thought, and suddenly changed the subject when he spoke again, “Do you know how to deceive someone perfectly without lying?”

Bai Jiamu was startled: “How?”

The Judge raised his eyes and looked at Bai Jiamu, with a very strange smile on his face: “That is to only tell him a few words about the truth.”

“Oracles are the most perfect manifestation of this deception.”

The rain was getting heavier and heavier, and the strange smell of campfires came from the dense jungle.

In the center of the indigenous territory farther from the lake, stood a shed made of rolled broad leaves and grass roots. Under the shed was a two-person-high wooden statue of a God. The statue’s eyebrows and forehead were painted with a unique grassy oil-based red paint.

There were six piles of torches placed around the statue. In such torrential weather, not only did the flames not go out, but it mysteriously burned higher and higher when blown by the wind.

The natives, whose bodies were covered with red paint, danced in a strange pattern around the statue and the six torches, beating their knees and humming an unknown eerie tune.

Kneeling in front of the statue was a man lying on his hands and knees in the mud. This man was the traditional indigenous leader. He put his hands up and humbly buried his head in the mud. He let the heavy rain drench his body and kept praying.