Chapter 301

With the help of Spades’ whip, Bai Liu and the others passed through the fog smoothly without encountering any monsters.

But after they passed through, the scene they saw was completely different from before. The rainforest, which was originally full of towering trees, was filled with gray fog. A large area of ​​trees was burning, and the air was full of ashes from the burning flames. The sky was so dark that it could only let out faint light, making it impossible to distinguish between day and night.

A strong, pungent odor of exploding gunpowder immediately hit them, and the bitterness of carbon could be tasted the moment they opened their mouths.

Tang Erda choked and coughed twice, covering his mouth and nose then said: “What happened in this war world during the hour that we were out?”

“The flow of time in the world of war is different from that outside.” Bai Liu looked around. “The timeline here fast-forwards to the end of the Great War after we left.”

Liu Jiayi waved her hand at the tip of her nose and looked up at Bai Liu: “——Is it the point where everyone died after the explosion that Elena was talking about?”

“Generally speaking, at this point, an excellent horror game will design some very exciting climax plots.” Bai Liu looked at the mist-filled rainforest, “For example, a large-scale chase battle.”

Tang Erda was startled: “Why is there a chase? Isn’t everyone dead at this point and about to enter the next seven-day reincarnation?”

Liu Jiayi took out the poison from her waist, took two steps back cautiously, and narrowed her eyes slightly: “It is precisely because these people are dead that this is the most dangerous place before entering the next seven-day reincarnation.”

Bai Liu looked directly at the rainforest where something seemed to be emerging: “Because this means that except for us players, this war dungeon map is full of monsters and the living dead.”

Tang Erda also became alert. He paused before drawing out his gun, and subconsciously glanced back at Spades, who was totally silent next to him.

Spades looked at Tang Erda silently, his hand on the handle of the whip behind his waist, his fingers seemed a little eager to move, as if he still wanted to stop Tang Erda from drawing the gun.

Tang Erda: “…”

As if aware of the silent confrontation behind him, Bai Liu turned around and glanced at Spades lightly.

Spades stiffened inexplicably, then silently turned the whip handle towards Tang Erda.

Tang Erda breathed a sigh of relief, then he dared to take out his gun, and pointed it at the gray mist rainforest that was shaking constantly, as if something was about to appear.

But the rainforest only trembled, and nothing emerged, only the crackling of burning leaves and branches could be heard.

Just as Tang Erda looked at Bai Liu in confusion, Spades, who was by Bai Liu’s side, suddenly pulled out a whip and smashed it into the ground, causing the ground to burst open.

Along the lines that opened on the ground, the soil splashed to both sides. Not only soil, but also a few fingers were thrown out. Tang Erda looked at the lines from where Spades’ whip had smashed, his expression stiffened.

Buried in the ripples beneath the ground were countless pieces of corpses that seemed to have been blasted and torn apart, white with blood and gunpowder stains, shattered limbs, half heads, hands with exposed wrist bones, writhing waists, with all with their severed mouths aimed at Bai Liu and the others as if they were eyes.