Chapter 294

At the Red Cross.

Alex’s ring finger on his left hand hurt while the dressing was being changed. He looked subconsciously and saw that the ring on his ring finger broke off out of nowhere, inexplicably leaving a bloody cut at the base of his finger.

Alex’s heart choked, and an indescribable feeling of fear gripped him. He staggered, holding on to his wheelchair and tried to stand up: “Guy! Is Guy not in the tent anymore?”

Before he finished speaking, out of the corner of his eye, he saw Tang Erda running over from the edge of the Red Cross with a seriously injured soldier who had his head down on his shoulders, his face covered in mud. He shouted fiercely: “Guy is injured, but he is not dead yet, come and take care of him quickly!”

Tang Erda was followed by a large group of natives who were chasing them. Spades fell far behind Tang Erda, sweeping back and forth with his whip to clear away the natives who were following them.

The native who was chasing them were almost going crazy, with veins popping out and his eyes bloodshot. He kept firing at Tang Erda and said, “Give me this damn apostate! I’m going to break him into pieces for his offense against God!!”

The natives followed behind him, and some even raised heavy weapons such as rocket launchers, staring fiercely and hatefully at the three people fleeing in front, but they were unable to close the distance under the defense of Spades.

The people from the Red Cross hurriedly picked up their weapons, opened the defense line, and vigilantly put up a red-letter sign saying “No attacks here, this is a non-war zone”. The defense tanks stationed here also slowly raised their guns and aimed at the group of natives who were about to break into the Red Cross area.

Tang Erda ran into the Red Cross area first, followed closely by Spades, while the natives who were unwilling to put down their weapons were sternly stopped outside the defense line.

The unconscious Guy and the idol head he was holding tightly in his hands were quickly transferred to a stretcher, carried past Alex, and sent to the tent for saving wounded soldiers.

Alex saw the blood-stained Guy and reached out to touch him, almost falling off the wheelchair. Fortunately, Bai Liu next to him quickly helped and resettled the dazed soldier in his wheelchair.

“Don’t worry.” Bai Liu bowed and patted the ashes on Alex’s knees, raised his eyes and said calmly, “Guy will be fine this time.”

Alex glanced at Bai Liu in a daze. He looked directly into the man’s dark eyes, somehow remembering the god’s head on Guy’s stretcher.

The eyes of the statue with a compassionate smile were also like this, dark and peaceful, reflecting everything in the world, as if all human emotions cannot be integrated into them, watching all the scenes in this world that have been arranged by him.

… Guy will be fine this time. This statement was as if Bai Liu had already arranged that Guy would be fine.

Alex couldn’t help but shudder. He pushed the wheelchair away from Bai Liu, took a deep look at Bai Liu, then turned the wheelchair without looking back and chased Guy’s stretcher to stand guard outside the tent.

Bai Liu wasn’t angry when he saw Alex running away. He lowered his eyes and rubbed the ash that had just been stained from Alex’s knee on his index finger, and then calmly wiped it away.

Tang Erda sat at Bai Liu’s feet to catch his breath and rest. Spades disappeared as soon as he entered the Red Cross. Tang Erda looked around and couldn’t find him, so he gave up.