Chapter 305

Deep in the jungle.

Spades was jumping on the tree trunks with Bai Liu on his back, getting closer and closer to the other side of the lake. The voices of Tang Erda and Liu Jiayi could be heard faintly from below.

“That group of corpses are still chasing us. To be more precise, they are chasing you.” Tang Erda said.

Liu Jiayi asked: “Bai Liu, do you want to lure these corpses directly to the bottom of the lake when crossing it, and then accumulate points?”

Bai Liu hummed vaguely, Liu Jiayi and Tang Erda looked at each other, then they looked towards the lake in front of them, and instantly went their separate ways.

Behind them, from the ground to the branches, there were densely packed corpses, mixed with some half-formed corpses, looking ferocious and crazy, with fangs and claws bared, raising their heads and roaring at Bai Liu above.

Spades stepped on the tree trunk with his left foot to gain leverage and flew into the air. Immediately behind him, a number of black corpses jumped up and roared as they pounced towards Bai Liu behind him.

Spades turned around indifferently to protect Bai Liu, knocked down all the corpses with his whip, and knelt steadily on one knee on another branch.

The branch shook twice, and Spades suddenly asked, “Bai Liu, I think you know why these corpses are chasing you, and you can easily dissolve this pursuit. Why do you deliberately let these corpses chase you?”

Bai Liu smiled: “Didn’t Liu Jiayi just say that as long as these corpses keep chasing me, I can naturally lure them into the lake bottom to accumulate points. As long as these corpses are recovered by the lake bottom, they can be counted as my points. This is my goal.”

Spades said without hesitation: “You lied, this is not your purpose.”

Bai Liu paused for a moment, and his hand around Spades’ neck loosened slightly. He spoke with a casual smile in his tone: “Spades, your intuition about me is not always correct.”

“Occasionally listen to what I say to you instead of trusting your own instincts.”

Spades was silent for a while, frowning slightly, as if he was getting used to not trusting his own instincts. Then he said, “As long as we lure the corpses into the bottom of the lake, you will take the initiative to stop them from following you, right?”

Bai Liu lowered his eyes: “Yes.”

Spades paused, jumped up on one knee, swung his whip to knock away the approaching corpses, and got closer and closer to the lake.

Bai Liu leaned on Spades’ shoulder. He glanced at the blue lake that was getting closer and closer to him, clenched his fingers slightly and curled them into a fist.

With the wind carrying burning embers blowing through their hair, Spades approached the lake faster and faster.

Bai Liu rested his head on the center of Spades’ shoulder blades, half-closed his eyes and remained silent for a while. Suddenly, he spoke in a joking manner as if chatting: “Spades, your intuition is really an amazing thing. Can you tell me what your intuition is telling you now?”

“My intuition tells me that you are afraid and you are lying.” Spades said calmly, “You don’t like jumping into the water. You hate this burning environment, these burnt body parts, and you hate seeing bodies sinking in the water.”

“You jumped into the lake not for points, but for something else, something more dangerous. You hate doing it, but you decided to jump in anyway.”

Spades paused for a moment: “I don’t understand why you want to do something you hate.”