Chapter 303

The wood carving gradually took shape, and the corpse under the stake tried to climb up restlessly.

Bai Yi twisted his body to remind The Reverse God: “The main NPC Alex finally woke up! Reverse God, you should quickly complete his story line, so that we can unlock the rest of the [True End] line.”

The Reverse God hummed, and he looked up at Alex who had just woken up: “Although I know that the whole world is just a scam created by the evil god who gave you power, I still don’t understand why you ended up becoming a believer of the evil god.”

“——It even came to the point of sacrificing all the lives of the people to the evil god in order to create the illusion you wanted.”

Alex moved his hands, which were bound behind his back, but said nothing.

The Reverse God continued calmly: “In this world of war, a huge explosion occurred in the town the night before yesterday. Someone poured paint on the town’s arsenal that night and set it on fire.”

“The entire rain forest was blown up, and almost all the soldiers in the rain forest were killed. However, these soldiers did not really die. Instead, they strangely turned into a half-dead living dead state, walking around the rainforest in the form of corpses and body parts.”

“Whether it was using paint to blow up the arsenal or giving so many people the special potion you invented, did you do it all by yourself?” The Reverse God asked.

Alex lowered his head, blood dripping from the ends of his hair. He chuckled nervously twice: “It’s me.”

The Reverse God sighed.

“…We found you unconscious not far from the exploded arsenal. After confirming that you were still alive, we took you to avoid monsters and escaped everywhere until you were captured by this group of old-school zombie natives as a sacrifice. You just woke up.”

“You killed so many people. Isn’t this contrary to your original intention of saving lives? Why did you do such a thing?”

“…Because I can’t save anyone.” Alex slowly raised his head, his eyes staring at the broken wooden sculpture of the old god with empty eyes. “Even in this illusory world, I can’t save anyone.”

The Reverse God followed Alex’s gaze, paused for a moment at the smiling face of the old evil god, and continued to ask: “What happened in the real world line?”

“… What happened…” Alex’s eyes were hazy and his face was twisted, as if he was trapped in a painful memory that he couldn’t bear to recall. “I saved Guy, but Guy… still died. He was burned to ashes. There is no possibility of resurrection.”

“Guy died on the eve of the war.”

“At that time, I was eager to use my medicine to change everything, to save everyone, to save this war…”

Alex smiled sarcastically: “But who knows, in the end I will be the one who ignites the arsenal with paint?”

“But this cowardly, deformed country, the one I fought to protect, doesn’t even dare to record in history what really happened.”

Alex laughed loudly: “They dare not write that it was me, a native of this country with no flaws in my thinking from childhood to adulthood, a doctor dedicated to saving everyone, who set fire to the warehouse because I discovered the evil of war.”

“They were writing that a group of natives had attacked the munitions depot, using this to prove that they were right in starting the war – these natives were just as stupid and hopeless as their recruitment advertisements said, and they were very worthy of being enslaved and blown to pieces.”