Chapter 300

Elena closed her eyes and her voice was hoarse:

“…… I waited four years, until I was an adult, and every day I wanted to hear about Guy and Alex’s remains in the newspapers and on the radio, but I didn’t wait until all the channels I had access to no longer broadcast news about the war. “

“…I gave up and kept waiting.”

Elena’s chest rose and fell slightly: “After I became an adult, I left the town to go to school, work, and live, but this place still haunts me. After I turned thirty, I saved up money and came to this small town where there was a war.”

“It was very prosperous at that time, and the damage after the war was still repaired to some extent. Some people built a large factory relying on the rich wood resources of the rainforest, which attracted many people to work, but this prosperity did not last long. ”

Elena looked back in the direction of the abandoned town: “The workers and machine tools in the large factory were running day and night, transporting the wood here to the world. Soon the wood here was exhausted, and a lot of trees were lost. Rainforests that originally received heavy rainfall gradually turned into deserts.”

“… Later, everyone here left again, and I am the only old woman who is still guarding the tomb here.” Elena patted the tombstone where she was sitting, and suddenly said, “Oh, by the way, Didn’t I forget to tell you about this cemetery?”

She rubbed her temples and sighed: “… When people get old, they tend to mess things up. This cemetery was used as a collective cemetery to bury dead soldiers during the war. After the war, it was acquired by a private owner and turned into a cemetery. Commercial cemetery for sale.”

“But most of the corpses buried here are nameless corpses from the war. The government did not allow them to be removed, so they have been buried here. The named corpses were all taken away by their families.”

“When I came here, I found the owner of this cemetery and said that I was willing to spend my own money to build two empty tombs for Alex and Guy in this cemetery. That is to say, there are no corpses in the tombs, only the remains of them. Something for me.”

When Elena said this, her eyes became vacant: “But they quickly gave me a reply, saying that Alex can have a cemetery in this cemetery, but Guy Davis cannot.”

“…I asked them why, and they said that because Guy Davis had a rebel record, according to regulations, he was not eligible to be buried in any cemetery in the country.”

Elena’s voice suddenly became hysterical: “I screamed at this group of heartless businessmen, I said Guy Davis is dead!! He has been dead for more than ten years! Even God can forgive him after death. It’s not your turn to judge him for his crime!”

“Even a mouse with indigenous blood can purchase a grave in your cemetery. Why can’t an upright and kind person be buried!!”

Elena held on to the tombstone with a fierce look in her eyes. She choked and gasped:

“…I was young and vigorous at that time, and I was unwilling to accept it. I almost lost all my money and sold all my clothes and jewelry in order to sell them to Guy’s tomb from this cemetery seller…”

Elena smiled proudly, but tears fell from the corners of her eyes:

“I still succeeded. This cemetery dealer agreed to sell me the grave in violation of the regulations. You see, with enough money, the sins of this group of people who refuse to give up pursuing even death can be easily erased.”