3)

I was driving back home, but I kept glancing at Lana. She was extremely quiet, which wasn't very usual for her.

- You know I am here for you, don't you? – I asked, snapping her from her thoughts.

- I know that and I appreciate it, but I am afraid that someone will take control of me and use me to destroy my family. – Lana sighed deeply.

- This won't happen. Roland is dead, and no one will touch you. I promise. – I tried to calm her down.

- Are you sure he is dead? – Lana asked.

- Morgan told me he killed him. – I answered thinking, remembering again that night when my husband was on the brink of death and life - If he were alive, he would have taken revenge by now.

........

Morgan entered the dark room and switched on the lights. The man behind the cell groaned in discomfort and sat, rubbing his eyes sleepily. Morgan wasn't impressed and walked closer to the cell.

- Hey, how did you sleep? - he mocked the man inside.

- If you buy me a more comfortable bed, I will be much better. Uncle. - Roland said as he growled the word "uncle".

- Let's cut the familiarity. I am here because of this. - Morgan said and held one folder - Are you willing to help?

Roland stood up and got closer to the bars. He took the folder and looked at the file showing the man Elena and Lana caught and the serum that they had found in him. He hummed while reading, and Morgan crossed his arms, staring at his nephew.

- Why will someone sell the Controlling mind serum? - Roland got curious, looking at Morgan.

- That's what I am asking myself. Tell me what the antidote for this is. - Morgan answered.

- When I created one with the help of the person who manipulated me, I never thought that I would need one. But I think I will be able to create it if I have the serum back. - Roland replied and held the folder - I am willing to help.

- You believe I will trust you. You almost killed me and my family. - Morgan laughed, taking the folder from him.

- Then why did you save me? - Roland asked, confused.

- Because you are Curse, and you are my only living family member except for my kids and my wife. As I told you back there, you had let the darkness inside you control you, and you lost your path. And I wanted to give you a second chance. - Morgan explained and sighed - No one knows that you are alive. I want to keep that secret.

Roland nodded and grabbed the bars, smirking with the famous Curse smile. In his eyes started to shine the devil's sparks, and he said:

- Then I will be your little secret. I want to crush down on on the person who decided it was a good idea to sell my serum.

Morgan smirked with the same smile and nodded.

..............

I parked the car in front of the mansion and exited, with Lana following behind. The moment I entered the house, one Nerf bullet almost hit me.

- Sorry, mom. – Emily rushed to me with a small smile.

- Hey, Aunt Lana. – Emma appeared next to her twin – Do you have stories?

- I do have. – Lana laughed – Where are the rest?

The moment she said that, Jacob, Jason, Gabriel, Dylan, Charlie, Elijah, and Liam came to us. Hannah ran to her mother, and she didn't miss the chance to hug her. Lana smiled and kissed her girl, making her beam.

- Where is your father? – I asked, looking around to find him, but there was no sign.

- He told us he had some important work to do and left. – Jacob explained.

- But he left just 10 minutes ago, so we weren't alone for that long. – Jason added.

- Do you know where he went? – I asked, confused.

Morgan would never leave like that, and something inside me was telling me that he hides something. My kids shook their heads, and I sighed. Appearing to sense the tension and hating to see it, Charlie spoke:

- I am hungry.

- Now that you mention it, I am too. – Gabriel nodded, smiling towards her little sister.

- Can you join us for dinner? – Hannah asked her mom with pleading eyes.

Lana opened her mouth unsure, glancing at me, but I nodded with a smile, and she answered:

- Sure. It will be fun.

- Hooray. Story. – Liam yelled happily and ran to the kitchen – I want to eat.

- He is fast, but I will catch him. – Elijah declared before running after his brother.

My kids laughed, and everyone except Charlie ran after them. Ten seconds later, I heard eight laughs and one grumble. I and Lana didn't miss the chance to burst into laughter before going into the kitchen. While Lana and I prepared the food and warmed it up, my ten children set the table by helping each other. We sat down to eat, and as promised, Lana told one of her unreal stories about princesses, battles, and whatever came to mind at the moment. The children were having fun, and I could see their smiles as they ate.

Later in the evening, while the children were in the playroom upstairs, I was tidying up the kitchen, the door opened. I walked into the living room, straightened to the front door, and noticed Morgan.

- Hey, love. – Morgan said as he wrapped his arm around my waist, and kissed my lips – How was the dinner?

- Good. Why did you miss it? – I asked, frowning slightly.

- Sorry about that. Something important came up and I had to deal with it. – Morgan answered – Don't worry. Nothing is wrong.

- Hmm, my spy instincts tell me you're lying. – I hummed and wrapped my arms around his neck, bringing him closer to me – Are you lying to me?

- You would kill me if I did it. – Morgan thought nervously and smiled – No, love.

- Then what was the important thing you had to finish? – I asked not believing him at all.

- Oh, you know the basic going out. I had to go to the headquarters because of urgent work that the spies couldn't solve alone. We finally solved the thing and I sent one of the spies to check it further and I got back here. But it took longer than I thought it would. – Morgan explained as I was looking at him in the eyes, but I realized immediately he was telling a lie.

- You are lying. – I almost yelled as I hit him in the chest and stepped back.

Morgan sighed tapping his finger on his cane and looked away. Now I was 100% sure he was dishonest. He didn't say anything else, and I scoffed walking away and going back into the kitchen. We didn't speak to each other the whole night.