37)

I sighed in frustration seeing the email from one of the spies. He claimed that Alejandro and his new henchmen were able to kill him. It has been three days since our mission where Roland jumped in front of Lana almost sacrificing his life.

I looked in the direction of the sound, but it was Morgan. He was still rubbing his eyes and sat on the highchair yawning slightly. Even if it was the weekend, he had therapy today and he should prepare before the doctor came.

- Good morning, babe. – I greeted him walking to him and putting an already prepared mug of coffee in front of him – For you.

- Good morning, Love. – Morgan said and stole a kiss from me – You are amazing.

- I know that. – I winked at him and got back to making breakfast – Are you ready for your therapy?

- This time I am at least optimistic. I can feel the toes of my feet. – Morgan shrugged taking a slip from his coffee.

-Now it is the toes, in a few days it is the whole foot and until we realise it you will not be able to run again. – I said grinning, and I glanced at him with excitement – And we will be able to go to vacation. It has been years since we last went.

- Since Charlie and Elijah were still babies. – Morgan reminded and chuckled – We have a deal.

I heard a laugh and I glanced at the door. Lana and Roland entered the kitchen holding hands as if they were a couple at high school.

- Love birds, good morning. Did you have fun yesterday? – Morgan greeted them with a sly smile.

- Hey, Uncle. – Roland groaned and sat next to him – I can't tell you things like that. We aren't that close.

- You will tell me later, won't you? – I asked the girl loud enough for the boys to hear.

- Of course. – Lana chuckled and glanced at her boyfriend who was staring at her betrayed – Don't look at me like that. You would have told Morgan the moment I left the room.

- Of course, no. – Roland laughed nervously, but everyone in the room knew he would have done it – Okay, okay. I would have done it.

Morgan, Lana, and I looked at each other before bursting into a laugh. Roland frowned, but he wasn't angry at us at all. The door rang and the laugh stopped out of a sudden. I walked to the door already knowing who the person was. I opened the door and I saw Greg staying in front of the door holding a bouquet. I frowned at him. He smiled and handed me the bouquet.

- What is this bouquet for? - I asked confused.

- Where I come from, today every member of my family gives flowers to a friend or relative. - Greg explained - And I was going to give you a bouquet. After all, you are my friend.

- What about me? - Morgan asked, standing beside me.

I could feel the jealousy in his voice, but I thought I would ignore him. Greg shook his head and looked at me again as the smile returned to my face.

- I was wondering if you wanted to celebrate my birthday with me. - he asked.

- When is it? - I asked kindly.

- On Monday. - Greg said - Think about it and write to me about what you decided.

- I will do it. - I replied.

- And now goodbye. - Morgan murmured and closed the door when Greg replied.

- Why you are acting like that? He is my friend. - I asked angrily.

- Can't you see he gives you heart eyes and wants to spend time with you? – Morgan almost yelled.

- Can't you realise that you shouldn't be jealous of every man who decides to talk to me or spend time with me? – I replied nervous.

- I will realise when you stop giving other men the idea that you can be with them. – Morgan replied.

I was shocked by his words. I couldn't believe he thought that. I stared trying to find small evidence he was not serious and said it because he was angry, but his eyes showed that he was not joking. I took a deep breath and answered:

- Do you believe what you said? – Morgan nodded unsurely – Then we have a big problem. You don't know me at all. I will never flirt or give false ideas to men that we can be together.

- Oh, yeah. What about Greg? – Morgan asked getting angry once again – You laugh at every word he says, you always invite him when he is here and not to mention we went to his sister's wedding even if we weren't close.

- This is called friendship. Maybe if you had friends, you would have known what it is. – I answered harshly.

Morgan frowned nervously. I saw him clench his fist trying to control his anger, but he clearly couldn't. He rolled his eyes and went to his creative room. The door was slammed and locked.

I didn't know why he was acting like that. I never gave him a reason to doubt me. I will wait for him to calm down and we will talk. Maybe Morgan was feeling anxious about my friendship with Greg and that's why he was acting like that.

I looked back in the direction of the kitchen, and I saw Roland and Lana were staying at the threshold of the kitchen. They were staring at me worried and scared, but they didn't say a word. I already knew what they would have said. I shook my head and got back to the kitchen. I finished back the breakfast and I sat on the chair near the table drinking my coffee.