8)

It has been two days since then. One of the spies understood that the two men would be on the gala night in the closest city and Lana and I immediately went there. Good thing it was a ball with masks and that gave Lana and me the chance to hide. No one would recognize us with the masks. But that meant we couldn't recognize who Morgan and Roland were too. Lana and I went to a table and the waiter brought us champagne.

- Do you see them? - I asked the woman next to me.

- No. There are so many people here. - Lana sighed.

- I'll look around. You did it too, and we'll be back in ten minutes. - I ordered.

She nodded, and I walked around looking for my husband or his manipulative nephew. Someone grabbed my hand and pulled me. I tried to get out of him, but I couldn't and hit him in the jaw. He pushed me into a room where another man in a ball gown was standing, but Lana was inside.

- Your wife hits pretty well. - the man dragging me said.

- What is going on here? - Lana shouted.

The boys took off their masks and they turned out to be Morgan and Roland.

- Hey, love. - Morgan greeted me with his loving smile, which made me beam every time but not this time.

- Don't call me love. What are you doing here? - I shouted angrily.

- Be quiet. - Morgan asked me and touched my hand - Hey, I know you don't believe me right now, but we have a common goal. The villain is here.

- Are you sure? - Lana asked confused.

- Of course. As a mobster that everyone adores and because of my popularity that I have cheated on the dead, I decided to buy from the great serum and the deal will take place here. - Roland explained with a grin to his ears and looked at his watch – We have only 30 minutes, Morgan.

- I'm not happy about that. - I sighed.

- I know, darling, but please don't do anything that will reveal my identity and Roland's. The moment we find out who he is, it's over. I promise. - Morgan promised me.

- Will he die after that? - Lana asked, pointing to the young man.

- Do not you want me? - Roland cried as he pretended and put his hand on his heart - Oh, my heart ached.

- You do not have a heart. - Lana shouted angrily, and she would have hit him if Morgan hadn't stopped her.

- Lana, please. Later you can torture Roland as much as you want, but right now we need him. - Morgan explained.

- Alright. - Lana rolled her eyes.

The boys put on their masks and left the room. I folded my arms as I looked at the door and thought about the situation. I felt Lana's gaze on me, and she asked instantly when I turned to her:

- What do we do now?

- We will find out who the man is. – I answered and she smiled slyly.

We put on our masks and got back in the ballroom. We started looking around for the man, but my look constantly stopped at Morgan. I could already spot him, and I wondered how he didn't use his cane. He was walking freely even if I knew his leg was paralyzed and he couldn't move it at all.

Lana had gone to check around and maybe found the person with her flirty side, but I couldn't do that.

- Why do gorgeous women like you sit here alone? – I heard a man's voice and turned.

The man was wearing a black suit with a beautiful black-white tie and white shirt. His mask was around his eyes hiding his half-face, but I could see the warm smile that he was wearing.