29)

Twenty-three people were lying down on the ground bleeding while the same number of people were standing over them. The pupils of each of them were dilated and I immediately realized that they had inhaled from the serums. Greg grabbed my hand and hid behind one of the tables. I heard screams and crying. I could hear the bones breaking from the stabbing with knives and the screeching of pain that accompanied it. The sounds of crashing and breaking tables and chairs were the next sounds I could hear.

- I need to find my sister. Stay here. - Greg said and ran.

I stood up looking, and the chilling sight struck me. I saw Morgan enter from the door and our gazes immediately found each other. I rushed to him avoiding all fighting and running for their life people. I hugged him across the shoulders as he returned the gesture with his arm around my waist. He had a deep bloody wound on his temple which needed a few stitches.

- What happened to your head? – I asked touching slightly the wound making him grumble in pain.

- I don't remember. One moment I was in the toilet, and I was coming to you, the next I woke up with this wound on my head. – Morgan explained – But people were fighting outside.

- Alejandro and his boss managed to strike, and we couldn't even understand who did it. – I answered – Let's get out of here.

However, in front of us appeared two men still under the influence of the drug. I looked at Morgan with a knowing look and he nodded slightly. One of the men threw a knife, but my husband reacted fast repelling the attack with his hidden sword in his cane. The two men attacked us. The man swung the knife at my stomach, but I grabbed his hand stopping him. I managed to knock the knife out of his hand and hit him in the head, causing him to fall to the ground unconscious. I looked at my husband who had done the same. We looked at each other for a few seconds before turning to the others in control. They all looked at us with a thirst for blood. Some of the uninjured were already quietly pulling their wounded friends out, and I sighed, realizing what needed to be done. Morgan and I had to fight all of them to ensure the safety of the others.

- I take these on the left, and you take these on the right. - Morgan said, grinning darkly - This is a fun wedding.

- Just don't kill them. - I rolled my eyes and he nodded at me - Don't die.

- You, also. Always and forever. - Morgan replied, and I nodded.

The controlled people attacked us. It soon became a battle for survival.

I stopped the attack of a man wearing a green tuxedo and pushed him to the ground, causing him to fall to a table, and break it. A man and a woman attacked me at the same time, but I managed to avoid their attack and using one of the fallen tablecloths I tied them to each other. I avoided the attack of a young woman and hit her in the back, knocking her to the ground. The poor woman fell to the ground, as she tore her dress, but she was ugly anyway.

I managed to disarm a woman holding a broken bottle of wine, but I couldn't react so quickly to the next one. A man managed to grab me by the shoulders hit me in the nearby column and struck me with his knee in my abdomen. Another strike this time in my waist, but I did not give up. I grabbed his wrist, broke it, and kicked him back. Two men ran towards me on either side of me, but I jumped back, and they collided. Two women and a man attacked me this time. I managed to push the first woman, but the second hit me in the head with a bottle of wine. The man immediately started kicking me and the two women joined. I noticed that there was a fallen knife next to me and I stabbed it in the man's leg. He screamed in pain, and I jumped to my feet using that moment. The two women jumped at me, but I grabbed them by the hair and threw them at the man. The three fell to the ground dizzy.

I looked at Morgan and noticed that he was doing great. Morgan grabbed the last man and threw him at me, and I immediately knocked him to the ground. I looked around. All the serum-drugged people lay on the ground, moaning in pain.

- Are you okay? - Morgan asked, approaching me.

- Yes, only bruises. How are you? - I asked him.

- The same. - Morgan nodded, leaning on his cane, and looked around - Now what are we going to do?

- We know martial arts and we managed to bring him down. - Morgan looked at me with a smile - If anyone asks, we go to taekwondo for couples.

Greg, who had escaped, and officers appeared and looked at us confused. It took us a few minutes to explain to them how Morgan and I had managed to bring down twenty-three people, but in the end, they believed our lie. However, the strangest thing was after all the controls were fine that they did not know who sold them the serums. They remembered a man wearing black leather clothes and a ski mask with goggles. The man remained a mystery...

Morgan groaned in pain and tried to escape, but I sat in his lap and took his head stopping him from moving. I cleaned his wound and stitched her making her grumble even more from pain. Once I was ready, I kissed it and stood up from his lap.

- Stop frowning. – I rolled my eyes while putting all things back in the first aid.

- It hurts a lot, Elena. If you had the same wound, you wouldn't be rolling your eyes now. – Morgan answered and stood up with his cane.

- I know it hurts, but at least now you will have a new scar. – I teased him - Or so I think.

Before Morgan could answer, the doorbell rang. I went to open the door and saw Greg. He scratched his neck shyly and said:

- I just came to thank you for saving my sister, her husband, and all their friends.

- No problems. We didn't do anything special. - I replied - Do you want to come in?

- Oh, no, I have to go. But thanks for the invitation. I will take advantage one day. - Greg replied, smiling slyly.

- Goodbye. - Morgan muttered as he stood beside me.

- Goodbye. - Greg replied and left.

I closed the door and looked at my husband.

- Why do you treat him like that? - I asked frowning.

- I don't like him. - Morgan replied as if it were nothing special.

- You do not like any men who are interested in me. - I folded my arms.

- Elena. - Morgan sighed - Something just tells me not to believe him.

- Jealousy, I suppose. - I laughed dryly.

- Stop it. Trust me. - Morgan almost screamed - There's something rotten about Greg, and I don't think he's the man he's pretending to be.

- Okay, let's not argue. - I sighed.

Morgan frowned but nodded appropriately and I kissed him. He kissed me back, but then two dogs jumped between us and made me laugh.