7)

I was awakened by my phone alarm and sat up rubbing my eyes. I looked at the clock and then at my husband. Morgan was still sleeping peacefully, and I decided not to wake him up.

I walked downstairs to prepare breakfast and once I was ready, I got to wake up all my kids. Morgan soon after woke up and helped me with making sure that the kids were well dressed, and I drove them to school. Ruby and Rebecca were once again outside, but I could see that the woman was worried. The moment the kids ran inside to their classes, I turned to the woman:

- What's going on?

- I heard from one teacher that her husband decided to rob a bank and kill himself before he was caught. – Rebecca explained and crossed her arms – And the strangest thing is that the money was never found.

- Wow. This has to be a work of the serum, right? – I declared and the woman nodded slightly – Take care for Team Trouble. I will deal with it.

- One more thing. – Rebecca stopped me from going in the car – Taylor took off the body you found, and I was able to take DNA. I understood that the body isn't Roland Curse.

- What do you mean? Morgan found it and claimed he took off his finger finding out that it was him. – I was shocked.

- I mean that your husband may have lied to you. – Rebecca sighed – Look, I am not accusing him of anything, but there is no match in the DNA test.

- I get it. Thank you. – I said.

On the way home I couldn't stop thinking about Rebecca's words. There was no way Morgan would lie to me like that, but another thought struck me. He knew that Roland was alive, and he may have lied to me. I parked the car in the garage and without taking any less time, I rushed into the house. I started searching for him and after 2 minutes of running through the mansion, I finally found him on the third floor where he had turned the attic into a gym.

- Morgan Benjamin Curse, you are a liar. – I yelled walking to him.

Morgan lifted the bars from his chest and set them on the two hooks. He sat down and looked at me confused. He wore only shorts, socks, and sneakers. I could spot his abdominal plates and muscles, and if I hadn't been angry with him, I would be on him by now.

- Why am I a liar? - Morgan asked confused, not knowing.

- How could you lie that that corpse was Roland? - I shouted, and Morgan stared at me - Rebecca checked the body and told me there was no DNA match. How can you do that?

- I have reasons. - Morgan stood up and grabbed his cane - If you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a bath.

He tried to walk through me, avoiding the question, but I took his hand and turned him over.

- You knew it wasn't Roland, didn't you? - I asked, but he did not answer - Do you know what is the worst? That you somehow managed to take his finger and lie that he was dead.

- Elena, look. I didn't want to, but I have a plan. - he said, taking my hand - You just have to believe me.

- To trust you. - I shouted angrily and withdrew my hand - Are you crazy? The man who almost killed you is free, and you are hiding him. Do you have any idea what this man did to us? - Morgan opened his mouth to say, but I wouldn't let him - He paralyzed you, Morgan. He manipulated Lana and Peter for years. He used me as a toy to attract people to his side. Should I continue?

- Stop it already. I know what he did and for the record, he was controlled most of the time, but to find out who the man behind the Control Serum is, we need to use all the resources we have. - Morgan almost raised his voice.