18)

I parked the car in front of the animal clinic. It has been almost two weeks since I was here, and I was finally getting back our dog. Our dog Bella got ill and had to stay here until she got better. Just this morning I got a call from our vet that our dog is healthy. I walked inside and went to the desk where a young woman was sitting.

- Good morning. My name is Elena Wood-Curse, and I am the owner of Bella. – I said.

- Oh, yeah. The doctor told us. – the young woman smiled – He is in the backyard.

I nodded and I left the building straightening up in the backyard. The doctor stood in the middle of a large, fenced lawn, smiling. I went to him, and he greeted me:

- Good morning, Mrs Curse.

- Good morning. How is my dog? – I asked looking at her.

She was playing with other dogs and was so happy and energetic. She even succeeded in gaining some weight and I was relaxed that she would finally get back home.

- She is a fighter. – the vet chuckled – The moment she started getting healthy, she started being more energetic and I took her here. She even found friends. – he pointed – Do you see the dog, which is the same breed as her, that is playing with her? This is Bailey. He was hit by the car and was barely walking. Now he is healthy.

- They are real friends. – I commented looking at how the two dogs playing.

- Yeah. I was thinking that if you have the opportunity, you can adopt Bailey. He and Bella are good friends, and I don't want to ruin that friendship. – the vet responded.

- No problem. And without that, we live in a mansion with a large yard. Nothing prevents us from having another dog. - I agreed and shouted - Bella, Bailey, come here!

The two dogs immediately pricked up their ears at me and ran to me. While Bailey was cowardly and didn't get very close, Bella immediately started jumping on me trying to lick me. I laughed and stroked my dog. I caressed the other dog, which immediately relaxed. I loaded the two dogs in the car and after stopping by the pet store to get the necessary accessories for another dog, I returned home.

I put the straps on them and led them to the door. I opened the door slightly, but everyone was in the backyard. The moment I stepped on the threshold, I released Bella and Bailey. The two dogs enthusiastically ran to the children to play. They were very happy.

Lana and Roland laughed as they watched the children and dogs run around having fun. Morgan was sitting in a chair and grinned as I approached him.

- You couldn't resist taking another dog, could you? - he asked me.

- The two were friends in veterinary and I did not want to separate them. - I excused myself.

- You realize they're a male and a female dog, don't you? And we know very well what happens when these two genders decide to have fun. - Morgan continued a smile on his face.

- In that case, we will have a happy family. - I said and kissed Morgan.

I sat on the chair next to Morgan and looked at the family picture. Jacob, Jason, Hannah, Gabriel, Dylan, Emma, Emily, Charlie, Elijah, and Liam were having fun playing with Bella and Bailey on soccer. Roland and Lana walked to us and sat on the chairs next to us too.

- Ten kids and two dogs. What's next? A rabbit. - Roland asked sarcastically.

- Now I think about it maybe a snake that is taught to bite you is a good idea. - Lana chuckled and winked at Roland when he glared at her.

- No snakes in my home. - I growled looking at the man and woman who stared at each other intensely.

- Don't worry. We won't have a snake or another dangerous animal. - Morgan reassured me and rubbed my knuckles - And I think this is enough for us.

I nodded but then the door rang. I went to check it and I realised it was the intercom. The spy who was guarding the main door was calling. I touched the speaker and asked:

- Desmund, what is it?

- Our new neighbour is here, and he brought cookies. – Desmund answered – And they aren't poisoned.

- Who is he? Do you know him? – I asked once again.

- His name is Gregor Fernandez. He claims he is your friend. – Desmund replied after asking the guest.

I looked again at the backyard thinking. Morgan didn't like Greg at all and if I let him go, he would get mad, but I couldn't let him stay there too. I had to be a polite neighbour so as not to raise suspicions. I sighed heavily as I prepared for the future quarrel and said:

- Let him go.

I opened the door and noticed Greg walking towards me. He smiled with his typical smirk I know and said:

- I just wanted to treat you because I just moved into a home near here.

- And you went to every other neighbour to give him cookies. - I was joking.

- You are the first. – Greg winked at me.

- Thank you for that. You can enter. – I invited him to enter inside.

- This house is huge. Is bigger than my house. – Greg chuckled looking around.

- It is a mansion after all. – I teased him causing him to puff.

Morgan, Roland, and Lana entered the room with the kids and dogs following behind. I could swear Morgan's blue-green eyes became darker and they were burning Greg's soul.

- I will help the kids change. – Lana said and looked at the curious children – C'mon, in your rooms.

Roland exited the room too and soon it was only me, Morgan, and Greg. My husband put one arm on my shoulder and kissed my cheek possessively. I didn't like that, but I let it go.

- These are the cookies. – Greg spoke giving me a large bowl of biscuits.

- Thank you. – I smiled taking them.

- Now you can go. – Morgan said and I elbowed him in the chest.

- Yeah, of course. Meet you some other day. – Greg spoke and exited the door.

I closed the door and looked at my husband. He was looking through the window at how Greg left and I rolled my eyes going into the kitchen. Morgan finally followed me and asked his question:

- Why he was here?

- He lives here and came to give cookies. Don't worry. Desmund tried them and he is still alive. – I answered.

- Does he give cookies to the other neighbours? – Morgan asked once again.

- We were the first. – I said glancing at him and crossing my arms.

- You believe him. – Morgan burst into a laugh.

- I do. – I said and waved my hand before he could say something – Let's not have a scandal.

Morgan nodded gloomily and walked away.