5)

I sighed and sat on the chair looking at Morgan and Lana who were trying to find a clue why the mobsters were here, but so far, we couldn't find anything.

- Nothing. – Lana exhaled rubbing her temple.

- Wait, a second. – I heard Morgan say and I stood up walking to him.

He lay down on the floor and reached for something from under the couch. He took it out and I grabbed it from his hands. It was an inhaler and I opened it slightly to see the yellow liquid inside. Morgan stood on his cane and realized:

- They were controlled.

- It's Roland. - Lana got nervous.

- It's not him. - Morgan muttered under his breath, and that confused me.

- How do you know if he's behind this? He may have survived and now seeks revenge. - I explained - We need to know if he's alive.

- I am coming with you. - Lana nodded, frowning slightly - I'll kill him if I see him again.

- Go. I'm going home because I'm not feeling very well. - Morgan said, and I nodded, kissing his cheek - Be careful.

- You, too. - I said - We'll take you and then go to headquarters.

Morgan nodded and I drove him home. Lana and I went to the sewing studio and from there, using the subway train, we arrived at headquarters. There we looked for any information that could tell us if Roland was alive, but no one had seen him since he was dead. The spy who had taken his body and taken it to the grave, I suppose, was dead.

- Can the people stay dead? – Lana grumbled – Well, except Morgan. He is allowed to be a zombie.

I laughed slightly at her comment while trying to find the footage from the night. The camera recording stopped just after Morgan started to fight with Roland after he had killed all the spies. Nothing else could be found and that was extremely confusing. Who would have stopped the camera?

..............

Morgan entered the room and Roland leaned on the bars looking with boredom.

- We have a problem. – Morgan sighed.

- Let me guess. – Roland chuckled and Morgan rolled his eyes – Your sweet Elena understood you were lying.

- No. They think you are alive and think that you are behind that. – Morgan explained – Are you behind that?

- How I would be able to since I didn't know about all this? – Roland almost yelled angrily – What we will do now?

- We still can't tell Elena and Lana the truth, but they have to be persuaded you are dead. – Morgan thought and then he got an idea – Which finger you don't like?

Roland swallowed hard realizing what he meant and looked at his hands trying to choose. As he chose, he held his arm outside the bars and took a breath. Morgan drew his hidden sword from his cane and looked at his nephew:

- I promise it won't hurt.

- It must be my punishment for trying to kill you. - Roland murmured, preparing for his fate.

- If that calms you down, repeat it to yourself. - Morgan grinned.

The next moment, Roland screamed in pain.

..................

I was just going in the car with Lana and was about to go home when Morgan called me.

- Hey, babe. What is it? – I asked with a big smile.

- Hey, Love. – Morgan answered and I could swear he was smiling – I have found a clue proving that Roland is dead.

- Really? – I asked confused making Lana look at me puzzled – Morgan found a clue that Roland was dead.

Morgan told me where he was, and I drove to the place. I exited the car and walked to the park where my husband was. Lana was following me behind.

Morgan stayed in front of one tree and smiled seeing. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder, pecked his cheek and glanced at the ground. At that moment I saw a coffin that was dug up and a finger on it.

- The body was burned, but only the finger survived. I asked Oracle to check on it, and it turned out to be Roland's. - Morgan explained.

- Not that I don't believe you, but I want to check it out. - Lana said and picked up a towel.

She put the finger in the towel, wrapped it, and opened the coffin. The body inside was indeed burned, but I saw that the place where his finger had been cut off had not been burned. That's why Morgan had cut him off. We went to headquarters and realized that Morgan was right, but something was wrong here. I didn't know if it was my intuition, or if I just imagined things.

- How did you know it was here? - I asked.

- I tracked down the spy who had buried him, and after taking my medicine, I decided to investigate the place. - Morgan replied.

- You should have told me. I would have saved you the trip here. - I explained and hugged him and he pecked my cheek.

I smiled happily and glanced at Lana coming to us. She crossed her arms nodding a little and spoke:

- You are right. This is Roland's finger. – she sighed – Now what we will do?