26)

In the morning my whole family woke up and we had breakfast. Once everyone was ready Morgan took care of the boys getting dressed while I took care of the girls. After 5 minutes all my kids were in the car, and I drove them to school.

Rebecca, Taylor, and Ruby were already in front of the school and greeted everyone who came. Ruby's eyes shone immediately when she saw her friends and followed them inside interested in what they were telling her.

- How is Morgan after the whole abduction? – Rebecca asked carrying.

- Well, he woke up from a nightmare and was scared to death, but nothing that I can't deal with. – I answered.

- Did they succeed in their plan? – Taylor asked as he rubbed his chin thinking.

- I don't think so, but just in case, we will go to headquarters and do some tests. If there is something, we will try to help him before things get worse. – I replied and sighed – I hope there is nothing serious.

- It won't be. He is the strongest person I know. – Rebecca reassured me.

- Thank you. I will go now. – I said and left them as they waved at me.

The moment I entered the room I spotted that Morgan was sitting on the sofa playing with Bella and Bailey. Two dogs spotted me and ran to greet me jumping all over me. I patted them and told Morgan:

- Are you ready to go?

- Yes. – Morgan stood up with the help of his cane and came closer to me – Where are we going?

- I want to make sure that Alejandro and his boss haven't succeeded in their plan and take measures sooner if this happens. – I explained and Morgan nodded.

We went into the sewing studio and the salesman, and the three seamstresses greeted us with big smiles. From the lift, we got downstairs and using the subway we were soon at headquarters. The spies who weren't on the mission with us immediately greeted their boss and asked him if he was okay.

Morgan was slightly getting angry with everyone's concern about him, but he tried not to show it and was answering their questions.

Zara, who was one of the best medical experts here, was going to perform Morgan's medical test. She performed several different tests, but all the results were the same. Morgan was completely on his own and there was no sign that he was controlled by anyone.

We were just about to leave when a mission appeared. A few mobsters had decided to terrorize one small private hospital because they couldn't save the boss' son. Morgan and I went to help immediately. Arriving at the private hospital, I knew immediately that we might be late. Going inside, I saw that all the medical personnel had been killed by the mobsters.

- There are five. - Morgan concluded, and I looked at him confused - There were five footprints on the ground.

- How do you always manage to do that? - I smiled amusedly.

- Talent. - Morgan winked at me - Are we going to split up to find them or not?

- If there's anything, you call right away. - I told him and he nodded.

I turned left as I walked down the small, narrow corridor and noticed that two mobsters had just injured a doctor. I pulled out my gun and shot at the two gangsters. One was shot and immediately fell to the ground while the other managed to avoid my attack and tried to kill me. However, I did not give up and wounded him as much as he could give up. Making sure the doctor was okay and that he had already called the police, I went to find Morgan.

...................

Morgan entered the room, looking around, but stopped, hearing a sound behind him. He turned and saw two mobsters holding only knives. Morgan turned to run, but a third mobster blocked his way. It turned out that he was trapped. The Fear toxin to which Morgan was exposed kicked in once again and made the spy get scared even if it wasn't appropriate for him. The three mobsters grinned as they saw how he could not fight because of his paralysis and that he had a cane. The third mobster standing in front of him slung his knife towards Morgan who still stayed paralyzed by fear.

Suddenly, without realizing it, Morgan grabbed his hand very quickly and looked at it, still not understanding how he did it. Looking back at the gangster, his gaze had already taken on a villainous flame and his blue-green eyes got darker. With great speed, he pulled the hidden knife from his cane and stabbed the mobster in the heart. Without feeling any remorse, he looked at his fallen body and turned to the other two mobsters behind him who were staring at him shocked. They attacked him, but Morgan reacted much faster than them.

............

I entered the room and saw three corpses. Morgan leaned on his cane and stood with his back to me.

- Morgan, are you okay? - I asked anxiously.

- Yes, everything is fine. - Morgan turned - Did you find anything?

- The two mobsters I caught are in one of the rooms shot, but they are still alive. - I asked and looked around - Did you kill them?

- No. That's how I found them. – Morgan told me truthfully and looked around too – Maybe the others killed them because of a scandal or something like that.

- It is a possibility. – I smiled and grabbed her hand – Let's go home. You need a rest.

Holding hands, we left the room and then went home where we watched romantic movies.

....................

Lana yawned while looking at Roland who was becoming her friend despite that she still didn't trust him enough.

- The control machine was bought by someone called Dominique Chester before it was stolen from Alejandro's people. – Roland thought looking at one document.

- Wasn't that the person who was pranked by Morgan and hurt by Elena in the past? – Lana frowned in confusion – And also Alejandro's boss?

- Yeah, but there isn't any information for this person since he finished university at the age of 24. He disappeared from the system. – Roland answered and looked at Lana – Should we be worried?

- Yes. – Lana sighed and grabbed the document Roland was holding – He was like a ghost but there had to be a way to find him.