Chapter 17 | Where are you..

Blue OR love me again - V
Jays POV

Scribble

Scrape

Scratch

Shit

Okay there's the odd one. But those do happen to be sounds I am hearing nonstop for the past 30 minutes- obviously aside from the latter.

Art club was always an escape, a place where I could just be sucked in my own world some days, and NEVER alone. Lloyd never missed a single day of this club, it was kind of our thing.

That is until today

Now? It felt as though there was no escape to the way things have been going lately. Especially with Cole. It's been a week since we've been locked in and- to my liking, we've been keeping our distance and as for our project? It's awkward over small talk, because we worked in utmost silence, unless speaking was necessary.

But the thing that worried me most was the fact that I hadn't seen Lloyd at all this week. We haven't even been doing our daily chatting or anything. Obviously there was the occasional "are you okays" and "I'm fines" over text, to know the man's alive but I've never seen him face to face since THAT day. Ive been busy. And I guess, so has he.

But to miss art club??

Mental note to pop by his place TODAY

The minute I walked out of there, I felt someone bump into me.

"Shit! Sorry I- Jay?!" She exclaimed "Damn it's been a while!! How ya been?"

"I've been- it's been one hell of a month Nya. Nice to see you too." Great act like you totally didn't forget about her in the midst of this, SO smooth.

She lets out a sigh with a smile, shaking her head "Jay, I think we got off on the wrong foot," my lips tighten "I didn't really want to give off the wrong impression and shit I mean- things are a lot different now. So maybe we could.. start again?" She holds out her hand.

She wasn't wrong, we didn't have the best start at first, I thought I liked her but now? Definitely not, and she was a hot mess internally when I first met her. So maybe this could be good, a new friend. Maybe a new start..

"Sure. I'm Jay walker, nice to meet you" a playful smile appears on my lips as I shake her hand.

"Nya smith," she laughs and before I knew it, she was gone.

I didn't ever think I would find myself in a place suck as this. Treadmills, almost as empty as the weightlifting area. Only the vacant area for deadlifts stood as I strode through the empty gym.

Almost empty

I don't know what brought me here. Perhaps it was the quiet that the whole school lacked that was shoved here. Or maybe it was the need to get some late night workouts in.

Or maybe it was the hope to see a certain someone

I gagged at the thought erasing it from my mind. That was for 5 minutes until I saw him.

There he was drenched in sweat, shirtless, tackling a dummy as if it was real. Assuming his wrestling league sessions were done, he was just practicing.

The breath forgot how to escape my lungs, because I was frozen on the spot. He didn't even notice me, his whole attention was merely on the dummy. I wanted to leave and scoff like usual. I wanted to forget this. But the way his body just- moved. It wasn't just fighting. It was almost like an art. It was enchanting for some reason. The way he fought was on a whole new level and I was liking it.

I found myself staring at him for longer through the window. I barely blinked. My whole focus being on solely him.

And when he stopped I still couldn't tear my eyes off. When he looked at me I found the words caught in my mouth. When he came closer my legs refused to move. When he asked a question the words in my throat subsided.

"Are you okay??" I gulped

"Fuck no.." I managed to rasp out. He raised an eyebrow fully aware of our proximity.

It was when I saw a ghost of a smirk appearing on his face that I snapped out of my trance.

What the fuck was I thinking?!

"I-I mean.. I'm fine!! Why wouldn't I be?? Hehe feeling just fine!!" I choked "You-you just fought well I guess.."

"Thanks.." he let out a godly chuckle

Fucking kill me

"Ah shit look at the time!! Gotta dip!! BYE!" I turned to leave, but not before feeling a pull on my sleeve, pulling me closer to him, or more so, his bare chest

"Staring is rude, if you want to watch me, I can't blame you, fucking come inside and feast your eyes, you hear me?" The deep sexy velvet voice was all I could hear. Fuck.. so sexy

I let out a small, quiet moan and regretted it the moment I did. I quickly pulled away, my face red. The shock on his features almost as real and genuine as the embarrassment on mine.

And just like that I took off. I had never ran faster, not even for track season. I didn't stop until I made it outside the gym, panting from the events.

What in the living name of fuckery is wrong with me?!

I had only stopped when I heard heavy breathing. Like about-to-pass-out heavy breathing. My instincts kicked in as I ran toward the sound, only to be in shock seeing who it was.

"Kai?!"

The brunette barely looked up before falling on the floor not quite unconscious. I ran up to him and caught him before he fell.

"Kai? Oh my god are you okay?! Shit!! Stay with me!" I slapped his face as he let out an almost drunken chuckle.

"ITS MY DAMN FAULT"

"F-for what?"

He rasped tears making their way down his pale face, matching the pained smile shown on his face.

"I RUINED HIS LIFE!! I don't deserve to be aliveeee I just want to die for making my BABY suffer!! I HURT HIM" he sobbed

"Kai- wait don't talk let me take you to the nurse.."

"NO take him to the nurse!! Save my baby!! Save my baby!! Not me I don't deserve ittt he does pleaseee" he weeped and I didn't even realize when tears started to fill mine as well.

"Damnit Kai! Come with me, I'll take you to the nurse!! Shit.."

What the hell is happening?! Kai? Lloyd? Wait.. If this is Kai Then how's Lloyd?!