Ryung's backstory part 3

-Oh, you're up! How are you feeling, mister Yoon?

-Who the fuck are you? Ryung squinted his eyes, trying to get used to the dim lights of the hospital room he was in.

-I'm resident Yang. I assisted at your surgery. Everything should be fine now. You will recover in a month. Can you tell me what happened?

-Why? I won't call the police if that's what you're asking. The last thing I need is for my name to be on the news.

-A runaway, Jeongin nodded, starting to understand the situation. I won't tell anyone if that's your wish. I just need the details so I can provide you the best care.

What happened to Ryung? He took the modelling offer, but didn't last. The comments online about his body and face killed his career before it even started.

He wasn't conventionally attractive or in any way appealing.

He was normal. Normal was not good enough.

So he tried dancing. A backup dancer for idols. He was undercover, yet still on the stage. It seemed ideal for him and he was excelling.

Maybe too much.

His colleagues started developing envious thoughts about him. And that jealousy bubbled inside them until it bursted.

One of them kicked Ryung in the shin with all his might and the latter ended up in the hospital. No more dancing.

-I'll be back! Jeongin excused himself and went on the hall to answer a call.

Ryung forced himself to lean as closer to the door as he could and eavesdropped on his conversation.

-What do you want, Seonghwa? Does Chris know you're calling me? No, I'm not taking the mission. Get yourself another sniper for the job. I'm done with the Mafia for a while. Without Stray Kids there's no me as part of the Mafia. Consider yourself lucky Chris accepted to continue working for you. Yes. If I write down the details, will you stop bothering me at work? Great! Jeongin took a piece of paper and noted down what Seonghwa said to him on the phone.

Ryung heard them too and suddenly an idea popped in his head. Mafia, huh? That could work too. If doctor Yang wasn't available for the mission, Ryung certainly was.

He went to the outskirts of the city two days later and spent his last dimes on a gun. He needed to take down a weapon dealer that rivalled Mafia's own weapon master.

He'd never used a gun since that moment, but Felix taught him how to throw knives. He just had to point the gun to the target like he used to in the circus and shoot. He did. Twice. The second one was fatal.

He watched the body fall and felt sick in his skin. His first murder. How did he get there again? Could he stop after that? Could he be the same?

-Who are you? a voice asked from behind.

Ryung turned around a bit aback. He didn't know what to say or how to explain why was he there.

The man peeked above his shoulder and spotted the body in the grass.

-You did that?

-Ye-yes. Am I in trouble?

-Come with me, Yeosang ordered him and Ryung had no other choice but to follow.

Mafia's hideout

-What were you doing there, kid? Seonghwa was not amused with how the mission went.

-Doctor Yang sent me to do his job, Ryung blurted out the best lie he could ever come up with.

-Did he? How do you know each other?