Jaedo's backstory part 3

After Jeongin killed Baekhyeon

Mister Park, what do you have to say about your cousin's death?

-Mister Park, do you condemn Stray Kids for what they did to your family?

-Mister Park, will you take over the family business now as the only heir left alive?

-Mister Park, are you afraid that you'll be the next target of the Mafia?

Jaedo walked past the paparazzi and paced faster towards the airport gate. He needed to board that plan as soon as possible.

His bodyguards pushed the people away and joined him inside. When he found himself inside the plane, he finally took off his glasses and mask.

-This is risky. If you go to Romania, they'll think you are on your cousin's side and accuse you of genocide.

-I'm not going there for him, Jaedo replied to his consultant.

-They don't know that. One photo of you there and hell will break loose.

-I don't care, Jaedo answered exhausted. They all hate me anyway. They killed mom, dad and grandma. I'm the only one left. My time is up. Why fight it? he shrugged.

The real reason why Jaedo was in Romania was to pay his respect to the person that raised him. He kneeled down in front of a grave and placed an expensive bouquet of roses in front of it.

-Maria, I miss you so much! I wish you were here to help me. I'm all alone. People despise me just because I share the same blood with those monsters. I don't know where to go. I'm scared, Maria! Mummy... I'm so scared this might be how I die. Still under their control, he hugged himself and let his tears fall on the petals of the roses. Help me, Maria! Send me a sign! Send me an angel! They ruined us both...

Suddenly Jaedo heard a branch crack behind him. He turned his head fast and spotted a little kid hiding behind a gravestone. His clothes were ripped and his face was covered in mud and cuts.

-Hello? Where's your mom, kid? The boy slowly shook his head and took a step backwards. He was terrified.

-Do you have a family?

The kid looked at Jaedo on the verge of crying.

-You don't understand me, do you?

Jaedo looked at Maria's grave and tried to recall the Romanian words she taught him when he was a kid.

-Unde îți este familia, puștiule?

-Nu știu, the kid spoke. Omul cel rău ne-a luat și ne-a ascuns.

-Omul cel rău? Jaedo frowned his eyebrows. He searched his pockets and found a chocolate bar. Ţi-e foame?

The kid nodded and approached him slowly. He took the bar and started eating fast. Jaedo got up and spotted a scar behind the boy's ear. It was a black butterfly. The kid was a survivor of Baekhyeon's sick plan. And he was alone now. Just like Jaedo.

-Cum te cheamă?

-Denis.

-Denis. Eu sunt Jaedo, he reached his hand to shake the younger's.

The kid complied and smiled. He wasn't afraid of Jaedo. He didn't want Jaedo dead. He just wanted a home and Jaedo needed someone to talk to. They could help each other.

-Cine e ea? the kid pointed towards the grave.

-Mama mea.

It looked like Maria listened to his prayer and sent an angel. Could it be that life was starting to go easy on Jaedo? Could he finally be happy?