The deadly violinist

-Yeosang? What's wrong? Wooyoung got startled by the sudden phone call.

Yeosang never called. He hated calling. He hated human interaction as a whole. And whenever he had something to say, he would say it face to face.

"Is San with you?"

-Yeah? Why?

"Take him and move your asses here. You're in danger."

-Slow Down! Why do you think that?

Wooyoung could sense the distress in his best friend's voice.

"Someone's targeting District kids. I'm sure of it. I lost contact with Soobin's whole team, Seonghwa told me lady Nayeon was attacked and Wang's bar was trashed. All in 24 hours."

Wooyoung looked at San who could hear everything as Yeosang was half-screaming through the phone.

-But... we weren't District kids.

"Doesn't matter. They are targeting everyone who had any direct connection with it. Everyone that walked inside that place."

-My mom, San widened his eyes. I need to call her!

-Take care of Seonghwa. Tell Mingi and Jongho to guard Seonghwa and send Yunho to me. I'm going to Bang Chan.

"Understood."

The hotel in Busan

-What are you doing, scum? Mephistos asked Lucifer who was staring at the wall with a frowned expression upon a face.

-It's not working, Lucifer sighed with frustration before placing himself on the couch upside-down.

Mephistos took the spot next to him and followed his example.

-What are we looking at? he questioned Lucifer's sanity.

-Did Abaddon leave already?

-Yep. He wanted to stay and see Seungmin, but Jeongin said he needed to go back as soon as possible.

-His brain could have been of help. Now I'm stuck with an idiot like you, Lucifer said disappointed.

-Excuse me? I'm smart too! But... what are we doing exactly?

-I'm trying to figure out why did Lucinda choose us.

-And you're calling me stupid? She said it herself, remember?

-I meant... why did she choose US? she has enough money for 3 armies, hitmen, mercenaries from the Black Market... why waste so much money and effort on 8 unexperienced mere humans and train them? She could have found 8 actors to take the roles.

-Hmmm.... for loyalty? Mephistos said after thinking hard about it. A hitman would have turned against her if someone else paid more. We have nothing. No will to live. She can manipulate us as she pleases. As for the years spent with us. The more you get used to something, the hardest becomes to leave it. It happens in the majority of domestic violence cases. She trained us, raised us,built a system and linked our whole world to her name. All to turn us into her dolls.

-But how? Why me? Why you? Was it random? What's the psychology behind it? Luficer said unsatisfied with the answer he received.

-You two come with me, Jisung ordered without even bothering to understand why were they upside-down.

-What? Mephistos got down and fell on all fours.

-We've got a mission.

-We? Lucifer raised his eyebrow.