The jester

Jeongin opened his eyes slowly.

He was uncertain of his situation, of his location and he could not see much of his surroundins. Everything was still a blur and according to San that would had lasted another week at least.

-Oh my God, you're awake! a woman with ginger hair jumped from her chair and walked closer to his bed.

Jeongin squeezed his eyes, trying to recognize some features on her face, but it was in vain.

He did, however, noticed the shape of another men in the room.

Behind her a scary-looking man with black hair, white shirt, rolled up sleeves and a red tie leaned on the wall with his arms crossed. he was keeping his distance, watching closely every move of the woman.

-What happened? Jeongin squirmed at the pain caused by his migraine.

-You had a pretty bad car accident. We managed to get you and your friend to the closest hospital.

-Which friend? We were three in the car.

-The skinny dark hair one.

-So they took Chris... Fuck! he screamed in his palms in frustration.

-Was that not an accident? she asked shyly.

-They took my husband. Fucking witch and her minions.

-I'm sorry! Maybe we can help you find him, Leila looked at Matt and begged him to go along with her plan.

-No, he replied bluntly. We have an flight to catch.

Jeongin looked at the woman's hand and spotted a res tick line going round her wrist. A bracelet.

-It's my dad's, she explained after noticing Jeongin staring. He was raised in some sort of organisation. This was his tag basically.

-He was a district kid.

-Yes! she widened her eyes in excitement. See, Matt? I'm not lying! He knows about it! she pointed to Jeongin. How do you know about that?

-My husband is also a district kid.

-He can tell me more about this! We have to find him now, Matt! Please! I ought to find more about him.

-No. That's not a good idea. She rolled her eyes and returned to Jeongin.

-My father was killed by some bad guys. And now they're coming after me. After this, she raised her wrist in the air. I have to understand why. If we help you, will your husband help us?

-I'm sure of it, Jeongin nodded.

-Amazing! I'm Leila, by the way! Nice to meet you!

-Leila, this is beyond reckless! We need to get out of here before they find-

Suddenly the window broke and a bullet flew right into Matt's shoulder.

-Matt! she yelled in shock.

She looked around her and grabbed a syringe from the table, then hid behind the wall, waiting for the attacker to come closer.

When Azazel entered the room through the window, Leila stuck the syringe into his arm and made him drop the gun. She kicked it as far as she could and hit him in the face with her elbow.

He reached for his dagger as she did a backbend and kicked the weapon up in the air. She found herself on her belly on the floor, caught the knife and stuck it in her enemy's leg. Azazel groaned and grabbed her by the hair, forcing her to stand up.

-Let her go! Matt got red with anger.

-She's a monster. She needs to be annihilated.

-Did you kill my father too? she asked.