Jaedo's backstory part 2

-Aren't you hungry, son?

-Jaedo! Mrs. Park nudged her son with hes elbow right between his freshly healed ribs. Your uncle asked you something.

Jaedo looked confused at her before moving his gaze towards the man on the other side of the table. The brother of Mrs Park and the owner of a great circus in Australia.

He was home for the holidays and brought with him his other nephew and Jaedo's older cousin: Baekhyeon.

Since mr. William didn't have any kids, he was very attached to his nephews, the kids of his younger sisters. And he would give them anything they asked for.

Yet Jaedo for some reason didn't take any liking into the man. He avoided him with every chance he got. And no one understood why.

-Such a distracted kid. He's going to be an artist if he keeps spending time inside his mind, the man joked.

-He's just tired, Mrs. Park plastered a fake smile while she slapped Jaedo's hand under the table for embarrassing her.

-By the way, Jaedo, what do you want from your birthday this year? I know there are two months left before it, but I gotta be prepared.

-Did uncle tell you what he got me this year? Baekhyeon said with his mouth full. Maybe you can ask him for the same thing.

-N-no! I'm good, Jaedo looked down terrified.

-Your lost, Baekhyeon shrugged.

-I need to go to the bathroom. Excuse me, please! Jaedo got up and ran up the stairs.

He washed his face and looked in the mirror where he spotted his cousin behind him in the reflection.

-Get out!

-No. What's wrong, little cousin? Are you shy? I can guarantee that uncle picks the best whores in town. Just tell him what you like and boom: all done.

-You're a fucking kid, Jaedo pushed him away. And so are those people! I'll tell mom.

-And why would she believe a bully like you?

-I'm not a bully.

-Then why are you picking a fight with me? Huh? he kicked Jaedo in the shin again and again until the younger snapped.

They started fighting right there and then until Mrs Park found them and scolded her son.

After that night of screams and hits, it was decided that Jaedo would be sent to the church to fix his behaviour. And there he would meet his best friend: Jaejin.

He soon forgot about his family's cruelty and got used to his new life with his new friend.

There were good days in which they would laugh and be praised by the priest for setting an example for the other kids. And there were bad days when the ghosts of the past would come back to haunt them. That's why they had to stick together and comfort each other each time one of them needed it.

There were nights when Jaejin missed his mother so much that the tears soaked his pillow. Those nights were Jaedo's favourites.

He would sneak out of his bed, open the window in order for the breeze to dry Jaejin's tears and would hug the younger. They would pray together and talk to Jaejin's mother and promise to be good the next day so they can both meet her in the sky.

And they would end up falling asleep in the same bed. Two kids with no family. At least they had each other.

However, despite the appearances, Jaejin was the strong one out of the two. Jaedo suffered in silence and because of that he was slowly breaking inside. One night Jaejin woke up and heard Jaedo's sobs. A new sound for him. He had never seen his friend like that.