The moon demon

Eligor followed Mephistos without the latter noticing and peeked inside the room where the younger stared at himself in the mirror, wincing with every shift of his shirt on his bruised skin.

His back was covered in whip strike marks and cuts. They covered every inch of his skin meticulously.

Eligor felt his breath stop in his throat. He had no idea about how bad was the punishment Mephistos was receiving from Lucinda. He was always away when it happened and he understood rather quickly that Lucinda was trying to keep it a secret from him.

-Who did this to you? Eligor walked in the room and caught Mephistos by the wrist.

-Who always does it, he replied trying to slip his shirt back on.

He seemed so tired and used to it that he had no energy left to argue or defend himself. he was the punching bag of the team and there was nothing else to do about it.

Eligor grabbed the fabric and tossed it to the corner of the room fuming.

-Tell me in this very second that she hurt you and I'll burn this place to the ground, he looked the younger in the eyes.

-She'd manage to blame me for that too, Mephistos scoffed.

-You don't believe me.

-I think you're trying too hard to pull a stunt, hyung.

-I have wrath in me, Ryung. Only you can unlock it. And right now I feel like I wanna strangle someone. You name the person.

-Me. End my misery. I'm tired, Mephistos came close to the older until his bear chest rubbed against Eligor's shirt.

He looked up and begged with his eyes for his hand to wrap tightly around his neck.

-Ryung, I-

-Why are you hesitating? You broke me once. Do it again, dammit! You double faced bastard! Kill me already! Mephistos lashed out.

-I don't want to hurt you, Ryung...

-Then stay away from me. And don't ever call me that again! Ryung is a loser who failed shamelessly. Mephistos is the big game. And I'm owning it, he bumped into Eligor's shoulder and left.

-Chris? Jeongin got up from his chair and hugged his husband. Are you alright? What happened?

-Nothing, Chan coughed twice and shrugged it off. San needed me to help him with something. Nothing to worry about.

-Are you sure? Don't lie to me, please!

-I'm not. I'm okay, Chan rubbed his thumb on Jeongin's cheek. I need to talk to Changbin for a sec. Alone.

-Sure, Jeongin left the room a bit suspicious.

-You look like shit, boss, Changbin didn't hold back.

-Thanks, Binnie! Chan forced a smile. Here! Take this, he handed him a folded piece of paper.

Changbin spotted a phone number on it and looked at Chan confused.

-What's this?

-What do you think it is?

-Knowing you, it can be everything from a hooker to a president that is also a serial killer.

-Funny. That is the phone number of the Moon demon.

-Moon what? You're making up stuff at this point.

-He's an old friend of mine. He's trustworthy and skilled. In case something happens to me, call him. This is not a suggestion. it's an order. Understood?