Chapter 1

Claire’s POV

“Princess Clarisse, the queen would like to see you,” One of the maids, probably two years older than me came in knocking on my door while I was still enjoying my deep slumber. “Tell her I just woke up, I’ll be there in a few, thank you Jessica,” And with that, she curtsied out of the room as I started my daily routine.

Not rushing myself, I strip out of my clothes and into the shower. I let the warm water drip down my spine then finally got the hang of the temperature.

Getting out of the bathroom, I started to set out my clothes then head out the hallway and down the stairs until I made my way to the dining room where I saw my grandma and my dad back from the hospital.

“Good morning father, grandmother,” I say elegantly, though faking it because my grandma would go mad at me. I never lost my old me.

You see, she hired someone to make me more elegant and presentable than before, and that indeed included speaking lady-like, no cursing. “Good morning Clarisse,” Both my dad and grandma say. I’ve actually told them to just call me Claire because it’s shorter and better than Clarisse, but after numerous useless attempts, they still went for the original because, after all, it’s more elegant. “Grandma, you said you wanted to see me,” I reminded her, she’s cool about me loosening my lady gestures inside the palace, just not outside where the papz are.

“Yes yes, you are going to a charity along with other celebrities,” She said. “And when is that?” I asked, raising my eyebrows. “It’s in a couple of days, during your long vacation,” She replied plainly as she takes a sip of her tea. “Then why are you telling me this now when you can say it like one or two days before the actual event?” I said, slowly raising my tone though she didn’t seem to hear it. “Just to remind you,” She replied. “Why?” I’m getting a bit more curious about this.

“Because you’ll be going to school tomorrow,” I turned to face my father, finally talking about this, both of them slowly creeping up a smile on their faces.

“School?” I said, half excited, half curious. “Remember what you said that you don’t want the teachers here? Well, we’re sending you off to school then,” “Really?” “You’ll be staying at an apartment there, make sure you answer my calls every now and then, okay?” Dad says, smiling. I just thought something though.

“Wait,” I say, trailing off. “I can’t live a normal life, seeing the princess of England everyday in school,” I watched as they scrunched their brows, both deep in thought. Grandma then summoned Jessica, the maid assigned to me, catering to my every need. She whispered a few words to her then left. I stood there curious.

“So?” I said, tapping my foot impatiently. “Patience, princess,” Dad replied. A long minute later, Jessica was back holding something behind her back. I tried to snuck a peak but she refused and gave it to grandma. “Close your eyes darling!” She commanded me as I just watched dad look at us. I gave him my ‘help me’ look and he replied. “I can’t do anything, she’s the queen!” He laughed as I gave in to whatever she might do to me. I slowly closed my eyes, still peeking a few times until I felt her putting something on my face. I quickly opened up my eyes to be greeted by a sort of dark vision which I now realized were my old pair of Ray Bans.

“No one will ever suspect it’s you!” She said as she took a few steps away, admiring how I look differently, which was definitely not true. “Grandma, it’s gonna take a lot of work than just a pair of Ray Bans,” I reminding her that I can take off the shades whenever I want, revealing my identity. “Right right, well we’ll handle this. Just enjoy your Sunday because tomorrow you’ll be living on your own,” She said, sort of having a hint of warning to me, but I can handle myself well. “My stuff?” I asked. “The books are already in your room and we’re starting packing it up for you, your highness,” Jess says, curtsying out of the room. “Thank you,” I say as I make my way to the royal garden to get some fresh air from all this.

From my two years, I still cannot believe I’m here. One minute my mum died in a car accident, then the next minute I get to be the heiress to my grandma’s throne. And now, I get to go back to school and be a normal student. How am I going to pull this one off?

Mum might know the answer. I have to admit, I really miss mum, it’s not that visible but dad and I both can feel it. I want to stay strong for her. She never should’ve died. I need advice on what I’m doing and where I’m going in the future. I’m sure she knows to rule this country better than me.

This is gonna be one heck of a high school and i know it.

Author's Note:

Like this one? Vote :) Come on, make me happy.