Chapter 27

Claire's POV

A few days later..

"Haven't you heard?" Jess enters the room and closes the door behind hear before speaking in the middle of me watching telly.

"What now?" I grunt as I lay on the bed, putting a pillow over my head, hopelessly trying to block the world from me.

I didn't need anything, well I do, but some part of me says that that feeling is slowly fading into nothingness and I was slowly drifting farther from him as I knew from the past few weeks that I wasn't able to see him again. I had no chance anymore so why bother? It did make my grandmother happy.

But the question is, did it make me happy? Well, the first few days, I couldn't sleep at night, but as the weeks passed, I've started to take my mind off of him, because it wasn't doing myself any good. Grandma saw it as well as it grew worse.

But that all changed, I was back to the lively Claire I was way long before. Even though I still hated being locked in the palace, I've grown to love this place, it had many wonders I never bothered to visit back then, they were just beautiful and it brought so much history to it. I never knew being a princess was this important so now I realized I had to do my responsibility right.

I grew into a more responsible girl.

I know there was still something missing in me, but I don't have to focus my mind on only him, right? I have a life other than my love life and it can wait, my love for him has never changed still, right?

I miss him, I miss the kisses, his scent, his overall presence, everything, him. I love him so much. What is he doing right now? These are just the times that he crosses my mind on occasions relatively relating to him. I just really miss him. But I need to forget, not in a very long time though, but I need to.

"Helloo!?" Jess waves a hand in front of me making me snap back into the reality world. "Oh sorry, what were you saying Jess?" I ask her, smiling widely as she remains her straight face. "This is serious Claire, they kept it a secret from you. Are you not worried!?" I think she's overreacting with whatever she was going to say.

"Don't you think you're overreacting Jess? Calm down," I tell her, she really is over reacting, like she was going to erupt any minute, pulling her hair out. What was it? Can she just tell me?

"You're having the ball tonight," She says, emphasizing the word 'the' and 'ball'. What was she talking about? What ball?

"Exactly." Was what she said when she saw my face, my forehead crinkled up as I squinted my eyes at her. "What ball?" I asked her, now I'm interested and confused? And why would they keep it a secret from me? Is it that important? It's just a ball.

"It's not just any ball, tonight you get to meet all your suitors and there you'll pick whom you'll marry. Don't you remember?" Jess said as calmly as she could. Why tell me now? It's tonight!

"They didn't want you to worry, since you're all calm unlike the last weeks." She tried to explain for me but still, I don't know any of my suitors -well, except for Prince Harry, but how could I pick one by the end of the night!

"I'm not ready!" I exclaim and Jess gives me the no shit Sherlock look. "Oh, come on! Take a bath, the stylists will be here any minute," She pushes me towards the bathroom. When I said 'I'm not ready' I didn't mean I needed a bath or anything like that. I'm not ready to pick tonight!

---

"Come down now! They've been waiting!" Jess pushes me again, now towards the dressing rooms where the make-up artists were all there, silently staring as they waited for me to sit. I sat there awkwardly straight as dozens of hands began to touch me everywhere in the face and hair.