Chapter 11

Claire’s POV

I cannot believe I’m seeing Harold again. It seemed like I’ve told him that he hasn’t convinced me yet but deep down, he has already did, just with our first few hours in the carnival yesterday. Yeah, he can be arrogant, that’s his nature, but he also accepts defeat, he mostly loses in games, and he tries, and I like that in a person. He even lets me break his ego a bit and it’s alright with him. He doesn’t fight back like what I thought he’d do, he just laughs along.

And he never runs out of stories to tell, their adventures as One Direction and way back in his life in Cheshire, but it felt unfair that he tells me everything about him and I never talked once about myself, because that involved my secret. He gave so much of himself and I gave nothing in return.

He has already convinced me, I just didn’t want to say it to him because I don’t want him to be boastful again. I could get used to Harry and I being like this, close to each other, either physically or socially, we could laugh at each other for no reason, but there was something at the back of my head, telling me this ain’t good, you know, starting to grow a bit fond of him.

What if I told him my secret then end up taking advantage of me, using me for publicity? You’ll never know, you know? I haven’t known him that much, apart from the countless research I made.

But he might be the only friend you’ll make outside of the palace. I need to know if I can trust enough to be my friend and open to him whenever. You’ll never know if you won’t try.

 ---

 The next morning I slipped myself in a pair of shorts and a simple shirt because Harry told me to get ready because –at last- he’s got an idea on where we’re going today. I heard my phone buzz from across the room just as I finished combing my hair, letting it hang loose on my back.

From: Harold Styles

I’m already here xx

I didn’t reply, just peeked through the curtains and I can see him in a white v neck and jeans. I immediately got in an incredibly fast pace. What can I do? I missed his presence. I know it’s weird, but I did. Was it even possible for me to feel this way? Am I growing fond of him? Maybe I am. Maybe even more than what I expected myself to be.

“Hi,” He says getting out of the car. “Harold,” I grin happily at him and he looked somewhat annoyed, which made me laugh. “Harry. Har-ry,” He pronounced his name slowly and I laugh even more. “It won’t work,” I plainly told him and he stopped and also bursted in fits of laughter. “Come on, let’s go,” He takes my wrist and drags me to the car.

“Where to, anyway?” I questioned him, a quizzical look on my face once we get in the car. “You’ll see,” He smiled and I gladly follow.

Throughout the whole car ride, I’ve been wanting to ask him a question that can probably change the way I look at him, or something like that.

“Harry…” I trailed off my voice, waiting for his response so I could have his attention. “Yeah babe?” He turned to me and by my use of the name he’s usually called; he knew that I wasn’t messing around this time.

Just ask him Claire, you can’t lose anything.

“Harry… Do you trust me?” I asked shyly, not awaiting for an answer. It feels like the noise going on inside my head went off when Harry stopped the car at a red light and looked at me intently with the most beautiful emerald green eyes I’ve ever seen.

“Of course I trust you Claire, that’s why this is happening, because I trust you and your opinions,” He paused for a bit and I feel myself sweat at the way he’s boring into my soul. “The question is, do you trust me?” He finished his statement as he turned back to face the road as the green light went on. I know I do trust him, but do I trust him enough for my secret?