Chapter 36

IT'S. ALMOST. COMING. TO. AN. END.

Claire’s POV

What do I do? I need to think of a way for all of this to stop. There’s no point in running away from my problem now. The wedding will take place in only a few days left, exactly three days, I feel like my time is almost running out. Harry isn’t even awake yet, how would there be any wedding without Harry? I need to get Harry out of this situation. I’m his only chance into changing his life forever. He has helped me my whole life and now is the time I repay his action. But what will I do?

I walk to the palace so I have enough time to think of my plan to do all this. This is all too much for me, I just think I couldn’t do it. But if I don’t, well consequences are made whether I like it or not.

I was almost to my destination. I rang on the doorbell and the gates opened. The big doors opened  as well and the bright light was blinding my eyes, just like the first time I’ve been here. I was about to go directly to the room but I stopped on my tracks when I saw my grandmother and Prince Harold’s grandmother, having a chat and drinking some tea.

“Oh, you’re home. I was worried you wouldn’t come back, I’ve heard what happened with Harry and I apologize for it.” I curtsied before the both of them then I spoke up. “I thought you needed me, that’s why you called.” I lifted my eyebrows in question and she just smiled. “Oh, I’m sorry about that. It’s just that, you just arrived now and it should’ve been done a few minutes ago. So, it’s alright now. Valerie here kept me company while you were out.” She gestured Prince Harold’s grandmother and I nod my head slightly and smiled.

I was about spin my heel out of here and into my room to go to sleep this early when someone tugged on my wrist. “Can I have a talk with your princess? I haven’t actually got the opportunity to, so can I please Denise?” She smiled a wide smile for permission at the queen and she nodded in agreement. “I’m just going to go upstairs to grab something, you two talk here instead.” Grandma stood up and went up the staircase and we watched her until she was nowhere in sight.

I bowed in front of Lady Valerie and when I faced back to her, her face had a bitter touch in them. Either that or I was just looking at something else.

“Oh stop the act Clarisse.” She scorned and I was shocked at her way. I really heard her, a hint of coldness in her voice Why was she like this? I never knew this side of her. Her arms were crossed on her chest like those evil stepmothers or something in Cinderella. She seemed worse than my grandmother. “What do you-“ I said but she cut me off.

“Just shut up! You think my sister will wait for Harry to be ready and marry you? Well, you thought wrong. I have already convinced her that you will marry my Harry on the wedding day and not your Harry. And if you go and mess things up, which I know won’t budge, I will make your life more miserable than it already is.” She held too much force on my chin as she lifted it till I was eye level to her. She was quite taller than me. “Now don’t go make any more mistakes or else,” She smiled an evil grin at me and I stepped back in shock and horror.

“I will-“ Before she even completed her sentence, grandma came back walking down the stairs.

“I’m back, sorry I was too quick, did I miss anything?” She smiled as she went back to her chair and Valerie stopped and Valerie looked at me with a dirty look as I flinch back. I froze on the spot, I couldn't speak and I didn't know what to say. Either I follow her orders to not do anything or just tell my grandma about her false action towards her, I couldn't do anything- “Oh nothing, I just told her how an amazing princess she is, right Denise?” She smiled a fake smile. She was so fake for my grandmother’s sister.