Chapter 2

Claire’s POV

As I wake up from my slumber, realizing my first day of school again in a long time, I forgot how it felt like. I’ll never get used to this, that’s for sure. I slowly got up and headed for the bathroom to get this gross morning feeling out of me.

As I head out, I was then standing in front of my clothes laid on the bed with another thing. A wig, a blonde wig to be exact. I tried to hold back my unbearable laugh, knowing I’ll be like Hannah Montana and all, I put my normal clothes on and tried on the wig, which was different to my natural hair. The wig did look like it belongs to Hannah Montana and I have to admit, It did look good on me. Facing the mirror, I thought I’d never recognize myself. I look like an entirely different person.

This might probably work, I tell myself, confident.

My stuff is already ready at the dorm, so like I just have to go there before classes start.

I enter the establishment and look for my room, 203, written on the piece of paper. The keys to my room I hold in my hand making tingly noises as I climb up the stairs to my room.

I walked a bit until I make it to the rooms on the second floor.

201,

202,

203.

Here I am. I grab the keys again and put them on the doorknob until I can’t turn it, it was hard.

“Are you Claire?” I jumped up, shocked hearing the echoing voice of a girl. I turned a bit, frozen that anyone might know who I am, and faced a blonde with blue eyes, probably my age, smiling brightly at me. “Uh- yeah,” I say shyly, still very frozen as she examines every feature of me, especially my face. I don’t know what to expect.What if she does recognize me and pull out my wig, revealing myself? I’d be on the headline of every newspaper, magazine, and website imaginable.

“I’m Jen! I’m your neighbor, from room 204,” She said nicely, pointing to her room next door. “Here, I got it,” She sees that I’m having trouble opening the door. “The doors here are always like that, they’ll get use to it once you open the door every day,” She finally opened it. The walls colored dull light blue. The usual necessities are there, bed, bathroom, and kitchen, though there are quite a few new things like a television, fridge, and other things the palace maybe bought for my needs. The room looks very cozy, needs more work though, but it’ll be fine once I decorate it and make it feel like home, and by home, a bit of the palace and a bit of my old home. “You’re the new student, right? I’m Jen,” She introduced again, now stretching out her hand. I softly shook it and from the looks of her face, she’s a bit of a popular in class. She dresses very fashionably, very sociable and stuff. “Nice to meet you Jen,” I gave her an effortless smile, not wanting to scare her and run away, losing the one and only friend I might have in this school. We stood there for a minute until I hear a loud beep, breaking the silence. She pulled out her phone from her pocket and stopped the beeping. “We’re gonna be late for class! Come with me,” She grabbed her bag and so did I and followed her out of the dorm and to the school, only a few walks away. We both entered the doors in less than five minutes. “Do you have your schedule?” Jen says in between catching breaths. “Oh, yes. I have them right here,” I said as I pulled a piece of paper from my bag. She grabbed the paper and looked at it and from the looks of her, she knows where to go. She then lets go of the paper and starts walking. I follow her to the classroom where it looks like everyone knows everyone, I already feel left out and it’s only been like fifteen seconds.

“Hey guys!” Jen exclaimed, going to the direction of her friends. And with that, I really am left out now, but I never minded. Last time I was in high school, I was just the same, no one talks to me, well sometimes or occasionally when they need help. I looked around, trying to find a vacant seat. There was one at the near end of the room. I quickly made my way there without making a scene whatsoever and put my bags down and sit and look at the people around the room.