Chapter 21

Claire’s POV

He snakes his arm  up my waist, cuddling me in protection as we walk a short one to his car. As we said, this neighborhood was awfully silent so our ongoing conversation was audible from a mile away as our voices echo into the walls.

It was amazingly astonishing that we could talk about anything in particular and end up with another. Like we’d talk about his skills in cooking and that he still hasn’t cooked me that dish I saw on the telly a few weeks back, to his music that he says is going to be different than the last album, and I’ll be very excited as he said that I’d be one of the first people to hear the songs and get the album.

I know now that the fans who wrote the Harry fan fictions I’ve read are true, take it from me, I’m right here beside him. He’s that curly-haired, green colored eyed, dimple indented male everyone swooned over, including me still. I thought blokes like him were only scribbled on books and stories, but it I stand corrected. The boy everyone is been dreaming of and is constantly waiting on is right here beside me, and I feel more than honored to have him here, to be called as mine as he tells me the same thing back.

And my life would never be the same again because I know that everything is alright. Whatever happens. No force on earth could separate us from each other. Nothing.

“Look at that light over there,” He points as I squint my eyes to focus on where he is pointing. A sort of blinding light getting larger as it draws closer. I nod as his face etches a look of confusion, the same on mine. “Come on, get in,” He leads me as he unlocks the passenger door and waits for me to get in before he opens his door to the other side.

He drives the car towards the light’s way and it gets bigger and bigger and somehow it frightens me. “Let’s go,” I order Harry and he nods, complying with my statement.

As we get near the blinding lights, Harry’s driving slows down because of the light making him a bit lightless. I squinted my eyes to get a better look as Harry drove the car to a halt as he can’t drive anymore.

There were cars, many cars hurdling towards us, their headlights on. Men and women with microphones and cameras came out of their vehicles and they seem to want us to go out as well as more and more people huddles around the car we were both in. I wave of fear was shot in me as they intimidated me. I gulped as Harry squeezed my hand and muttered out “I’m going out,” and the tension kills me once again. “Please don’t,” I manage to utter those two words despite of my lack of thinking because my mind was set on the fear of the situation. He ignores my plea and lets go of my hand slowly as he opens his door and the cameras of the photographers go wild with Harry’s bold decision.

The loud clicks of the cameras forbid me to listen carefully to what they were talking about until I hear a sudden pause and one of the men starts to speak. “Do you hold the princess captive?”

Those words cut through me like a knife as I stand guilty of this. Another surge of fret runs up my nerves me as my mind forces me to stay inside where it was a bit safer. Harry turns his head to face me as he shakes his head telling me to follow my mind and not get out. My bottom lip was chewed on my teeth as Harry replies. “You all clearly know she doesn’t want to go back,” He fights, protection clear in his voice as one person from out the passenger seat peers through the tinted windows, searching if I was there inside. A second later, I hear a click and the door pulls open, and the man once beside me was pulling me out of the car. I struggled to get his grip off me, but he was too strong, that or I wasn’t ready for this situation.

“Get off!” I squeaked at the top of my lungs as the man never bothered to acknowledge my plea, kept his large hands on both my wrists as he drags me out and I could see the hurt evident in Harry’s eyes, the hurt of seeing me hurt.