♡ 22 |Confessions

After what feels like an eternity, you finally break apart, your lips still tingling from the kiss. But as you stand there, faces flushed and hearts racing, neither of you dares to meet the other's gaze. Instead, you both glance in opposite directions, the air between you heavy with unspoken words and pent-up emotions.

The tension is palpable, thick enough to cut with a knife, yet neither of you knows quite what to say. You steal a quick glance at Draco, only to find him staring off into the distance, his cheeks tinged with a deep shade of red. It's clear that he's just as flustered as you are.

A soft squeak escapes your lips as Draco playfully bonks his forehead against yours. He lets out a chuckle, and you can't help but giggle in response, the sound echoing in the quiet night air. Pressing your foreheads together, you share a moment of lightheartedness, the tension from before dissipating into the cool evening breeze. It's a simple gesture, but in that moment, it feels like everything.

"Well... Say something," he urges, his tone now laced with a hint of vulnerability.

But as you hear his words, a wave of guilt washes over you, breaking the enchantment of the moment. Without hesitation, you reach for his arm, pulling up his sleeve to reveal the Dark Mark.

"W-What are you doing?" Draco hisses, his eyes darting around nervously as he quickly pulls his sleeve down. "Someone might see-"

"Draco," you whisper, your voice trembling with emotion. He pauses, his expression shifting from confusion to concern as he meets your tear-filled eyes, your face flushed.You clutch his robes in fistfuls, pressing your forehead against his chest, looking at your feet, watching your tears splash onto the cobblestone path "Draco...I-I betrayed you."

Draco's hand instinctively moves to cup your cheek, his touch gentle as he lifts your chin, urging you to meet his gaze. "Betrayed me?" he echoes softly, his voice tinged with confusion and concern. "What do you mean?"

Your breath hitches as you struggle to find the words to explain, the weight of your confession heavy on your shoulders. "I-I told Dumbledore about you," you admit, your voice barely above a whisper. "I told him...about the Dark Mark."

°˖✧˚ʚ♡ɞ˚✧˖°

Draco's heart lurches at your words, a surge of anger and betrayal flooding through him. How could you? The one person he had ever trusted, the one person he believed saw him for who he truly was, had turned against him.

"You told Dumbledore," he repeats, his voice strained with disbelief. "You betrayed me." The words taste bitter on his tongue, a painful reminder of the shattered trust between you.

But as he looks into your tear-filled eyes, he sees the fear and desperation reflected there, and his anger begins to waver. Despite the hurt coursing through him, a part of him still longs to understand, to find some semblance of solace in your explanation.

"Why?" he asks, his voice barely a whisper, his grip on your chin loosening slightly. "Why would you do such a thing?"

"You have to understand Draco!" Y/N cries, reaching out to hold Draco "I did it for you! I was afraid they'd force you to do something you'd regret and-"

"You thought I'd kill someone!?!" Draco is screaming now, swatting your hand away, stepping away from you like you're made of fire "Or I'd torture or mind control someone!?! Is that what you think of me? That I'd stoop so low-"

"No! That's not it!" you cry desperately "I was worried for you, Draco, what they'd do to you-"

"They're going to kill me now, Y/N!!!" Draco roars, raking his hands through his hair "When they know Dumbledore knows I'm a Death Eater! You've ruined my life!!!"