Chapter 2

"So...He still won't...give in to you...huh? Have you ever tried...I don't know...going after guys who are...single?" Joss said in between his pull ups. When he counted to twenty he finally let go and jumped off, wafting air under his tanktop.

Gawin handed him a water bottle and wiped the pull up bar so he could use it himself. He didn't really join his friends' conversation but it was fun to listen to, especially when they bitched about relationships.

"It's not like I'm actively going after him." Luke groaned. "I just want him to know there's other options."

"Better options?"

"You're a dick." Luke threw his sweaty towel at Joss who grinned.

"He's your employee. Wouldn't that cause troubles anyway?" Gawin finally chipped in when his two friends sat on the floor and did stretches together. "Isn't that like, against company's policy?"

"I own a night club, not a law firm." Luke chuckled. "I like him, he's really pretty. And besides, he himself said he's not happy in his relationship, so who knows. If they break up, I'll gladly offer a shoulder to cry on."

"Oh by the way." Gawin wheezed when his legs split a little too far and his tendons hurt. "The keypad on the garage door is stuck, it wouldn't let me in, I had to use the main door."

"I told you to just walk through the main door anyway." Luke shook his head. He let his friend live with him, the studio above his garage was vacant when Gawin moved out of the university dormitory and needed a place to stay, and served as his own independent apartment. "You don't pay rent, so don't complain about a keypad."

"You don't pay rent?" Joss grinned and wiggled his eyebrows. "Are you paying with your body, Win?"

"Stop it, I'm not." Gawin kicked him playfully.

"Ew, Win is so not my type." Luke grimaced, even though he wasn't actually thinking badly of his friend.

"Don't knock it till you try it." Joss said as he returned to working out, this time on a treadmill. "Win is really good."

"Eh?" Luke tilted his head, but Joss has already put earbuds in and listened to some music, ignoring their conversation. "You two hooked up?" He turned to Gawin, who just shrugged. "When?"

"It was back in uni. We just fooled around couple times, nothing serious. Anyway, back to you and that bartender." He snapped his fingers. "I think you should let it be now. He's in a relationship."

"I know." Luke groaned as he picked up the weights and sat on a bench to do incline curls. "But I think...I think he likes me too. There's just something about him that I can't quite explain. Have you never felt like that about someone who was already taken?"

Gawin hasn't responded, but when he averted his eyes, it spoke volumes.

(Chat from Gawin's POV)