Chapter 10

(chat from Luke's POV)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Chat from Gawin's POV)

~~

Gawin just finished setting up the awning sheltering his lawn chair when a roar of a motorcycle alerted him of First's arrival. He always thought that bike was cool, parked in the university parking lot next to all the cheap motorcycles and beaten up bicycles.

"Hey." He smiled when First parked it by the side if the camper and stepped off, immediately handing Gawin his overstuffed backpack. "Woah, what is that?"

"Beers?" First chuckled. "And some food. I don't wanna be a freeloader."

"Then I'd also like to ask you for two days rent." Gawin joked, beckoning towards the camper. He placed the haul into a cooler and sat down while First walked over to the stream and dipped his arms in to cool off. "Hey how come you're free anyway? I thought you'd be busy packing."

"Packing?" First shook the water off his arms. He lounged on the second chair and raised an eyebrow. "Packing what?"

"Wait...You still haven't broken up with your boyfriend?" Gawin's smile fell. "I thought you said you would..."

"Three years." First said, already knowing he should have kept his mouth shut. "We've been together over three years. It's not that easy, even if I want to do it."

"But you and I..."

"Yeah." First sighed. "And I'm sorry. I'm trying to figure this out."

"You know, I think you should have figured it out before we slept together." Gawin reached for a small shovel and began digging a small pit for the fire. He poured his frustration into it and First awkwardly sat there, staring at him. "If you have told me you were taken, I wouldn't have...well, I would have kept my distance. This isn't fair, First. To me, to yourself, but especially to your boyfriend. He must be hurt."

First reclined in the chair further and run a hand through his hair. "I know. I hate it, I hate myself because of it, but..."

"But?" Gawin placed a ring of rocks around the pit and set a metal grate over it once he filled it with sticks and charcoal. "But what?"

"No matter how many times I cheat on him, he just ignores it." He handed Gawin his lighter when the older struggled with the matches. "Maybe I'm just trying to make him hate me so he would finally dump me. I just know I can't do it myself." First leaned back in his chair and sighed. "Annoying is, I hate when he gets hit on at work. I hate the idea of him with someone else."

"Wow, hypocritical much?" Gawin sarcastically laughed. "When we've met I thought you were a decent guy, but damn. You really are an asshole."

First scoffed. "Asshole you fell in love with."

Gawin sighed. "Yeah."