Chapter 17

(Chat from Khao's POV)

////

////

"Don't smoke, it will stunt your growth." Joss kicked his friend in the shin. They chilled by the pool at Luke's house, sipping on frozen margaritas they were too embarrassed to order in public, and enjoying the heat that soaked vitamin D into their skin.

"And steroids will shrink your dick." Luke retaliated with a small punch to Joss's bicep.

Joss snorted. "I'm el naturel, my friend." He flexed his bicep. "What's gotten you so bent out of shape? You usually hate smoking. Even Win has to run away from your angry voice whenever he smokes weed around here."

"It's personal." Luke blew out a puff of smoke and stubbed the cigarette into an ashtray.

"We're best friends bro..." Joss kicked his shin again, nearly falling off his own sunbed. "We can talk about feelings."

"What are we; girls?" Luke sighed. "What about you and Mia?"

"Nice try." Joss sipped his drink. "I am so not telling you about my girlfriend so you could mock me about my relationship."

"Come on, what's there to mock?" Luke grinned. "You mean how you've had third pregnancy scare in the past few months? The fact that she's got couple screws loose and still sleeps with her stuffed animals? Or the fact that she brought her mom to your date at least twice? Come on, who could make fun of that?"

"You're an idiot." Joss rolled his eyes. "Fine, I won't ask you about your new babe who apparently is a carbon copy of your ex. Same ex who dumped you for a hotter, richer, more famous version of you. How many Michelin stars that chef has again?"

"Oh fuck off." Luke reached for the cigarettes again, but this time had the packet slapped out of his hand. "Three. Damn it..."

"Sorry bro. I guess talking about feelings truly is a bad idea." Joss threw the cigarettes into a bin with a perfect arch. "But hey, do you have any better picture of...what's his name?"

"Khaotung." Luke reached for his phone. He scrolled into his gallery until he found a photo he secretly took, where Khao sat on his sofa with crossed legs and loosely tied bath robe.

"Damn." Joss's eyes widened. That guy truly resembled Mix, he would believe it if they were brothers. "Shit man, both you and Win suck ass."

"Eh?"

"You might bag on my girlfriend's issues, but the messed up relationships are yours, not mine. You and Win both chose to hook up with someone in a relationship. Granted, Win didn't know and stopped himself from continuing it with what's-his-face, but you continue going after this taken guy, just because he looks like your ex. You have issues my friend."

"I told you, it's not like that." Luke let out an exasperated sigh. "I hired him because he looked like Mix, but I didn't hit on him until few weeks ago. We just sort of...danced around it. Besides, he liked me too, it wasn't just one sided thing on my part. I didn't want to break them up."

"But they are broken up now, right?"

"Yeah." Luke sighed. "I don't think Khao will choose me, not now at least."

Joss shook his head. "You'd definitely be just a comfort to him, nothing more. Wait, hang on. You actually want to date him seriously?"

///

"-and I swear when she leaned in her tits nearly popped out of her shirt. She was definitely flirting with me, I'm telling you. I kinda wanna scrape my knee just to go see her again. Oi, are you listening to me? First!"

"Huh?" The man in question finally turned to his friend. "What are you talking about Dee?"

"That triage nurse, I met her in a cafe yesterday." Dee gestured with his hands infront of his chest. "The one with the melons. Honestly they look so much better unrestrained than they did in her uniform."

First was barely paying attention to Dee's big boob crush story, as his attention was focused on their teacher's assistant who continued gathering his materials. As soon as the bell rang, First jumped out of his seat, but was quickly blocked by two of his classmates who immediately took all of Gawin's attention and prevented First from even approaching.

When the opportunity came and the girls dispersed, his 'hey' was met with stony silence, and Gawin didn't even look up from his desk. First watched as the man continued rearranging his pens, clearly ignoring him, until the bell rang again and he left with a huff.

(Chat from Gawin's POV)