Chapter 25

"Damn." Luke muttered when the fully automated gate opened up for him and he drove through it, the driveway long, ending in a large garage that has already hosted at least a dozen cars, some of them very vintage. He recognised Khaotung's Mustang, it was now polished, the licence plate replaced, and not a single dent in the bumper. As he stepped out of the car Luke was greeted by an older man who looked at him with distain, but beckoned Luke to follow him inside.

"I just came to see your son..."

"My son?" The main raised an eyebrow. "I do not have a son."

"But-"

"Luke!" Khaotung came dashing down a curved marble staircase. "Uncle Mung, I'll take it from here." He smiled at the older man who curtly bowed and walked off, leaving Luke standing there bewildered. "Oh. That's not my dad. Uncle Mung is our majordomo. Come."

"You have a majordomo? And maids?" Luke chuckled in disbelief. He followed Khao out of the building and over a courtyard with a large fountain hosting some koi fish, and a gazebo, topiaries decorating the garden. He thought his own house was already quite big, but this place was a massive mansion, and they passed another maid as they walked inside the house.

"Make yourself home. This whole floor is mine." Khao gestured around him while Luke stood there mildly stunned. "Are you hungry or..."

"Huh?" Luke stared at him briefly. "Oh. No I'm fine, thanks. I just...Ah, damn it, I'm totally thrown off my game here." He laughed, trying to ease the tension. "I knew you were well off but this is...a lot."

Khao snorted. He lounged down on a large sofa and beckoned Luke to come closer with flirtatious smile. He pulled at the man's tie-was he at work before coming?-to get him closer, until he could graze his lips against Luke's. "So you said you missed me?"

"Khao..." Luke propped himself up, his arm holding the sofa's backrest. "I didn't come here for that. I want to talk..." He then straightened himself up and pulled Khao back to sit up, his hand still holding Khao's. "Properly."

"Luke..." Khaotung sighed. "I thought about it. About us. Sex with you is great, and you're fun, but I don't want to be anyone's replacement."

"What?"

"Don't you want me just because I look like Mix?" Khao spoke softly; hurt clearly lacing the tone of his voice. "It took em so long to realise-"

"Stop." Luke shook his head. "I'm gonna be honest, I hired you for that reason. We flirted with each other that day, remember? And you reminded me of him. But that's not why I became attracted to you. You are so different from him, and I like who I am when I'm with you. I like who you are as a person. You're smart, empathetic, brazen, caring, and very real, in everything you do and say." He softly kissed Khao's hand. "I blocked him, on everything. Deleted all of our photos too. He is nothing to me now. But you...you are everything to me."

Touched by those words, Khao leaned closer, hiding his face in Luke's neck from bashfulness. "I know that outside of Sandbox we've only met a few times, but as if we were lovers, we suddenly have this feeling that makes us hunger for each other, I couldn't deny it. When I was still in relationship, every time you and I got closer...I hated how each time you made me feel like it was only my heart going on rampage. I tried to pull back from you but I don't think I can anymore."

"Then don't." Luke stroke his hair. "Let's give ourselves a proper chance. I can't stop thinking about you...I promise I won't hurt you. I will treasure you, and treat you well."