Chapter 5

"Something amusing?" Gawin jogged towards First during game break. He could see his grin from miles away.

"Just enjoying the game." First laid on the bench with his arms crossed under his head; a dumb expression on his face.

"You sure you don't wanna join?" Gawin asked as he reached for a bottle of Gatorade and squeezed some into his mouth from high above; a gesture that First found strangely attractive. It didn't help when Gawin used the hem of his jersey to wipe his sweaty forehead and expose his tanned abs.

"Nah." First shook his head. "I don't really want to get sweaty."

"I should give you a quiz for lazing around." Gawin said jokingly when First lazily swung one leg from the bench.

"Hey, school's over. Just because you're our TA doesn't mean you get the authority of giving extra homework. Damn, you're not even a year older than me. So bossy!"

Gawin returned back to the game, but with a little smile on his lips. How long has it been since he genuinely had hots for someone? First was funny, easy on the eye, an even though he was way more chatty than Gawin, he didn't just yap aimlessly.

When Gawin finished the game and came back to grab his things, First was already waiting at him holding his jacket.

"So what did you want to talk about?" He asked when Gawin took it. "You said you wanted to discuss something...And I don't think it's about maths."

"I guess I just wanted to know where do we stand." Gawin leaned against his motorcycle that First used to eye up in admiration. "I want to know what these mixed signals mean."

"Who says they are mixed?" First lit up a cigarette and blew a puff of smoke in Gawin's direction.

"It just feels like it." Gawin waved a hand infront of his face and grimaced; it wasn't a pleasant smell. "Last week, at the pub, you kissed me. Bit my lip, even. But I know you're in a relationship."

First let out a chuckle. "So?"

~~~~~~

(Chat from Luke's POV)