Chapter 12

Flared trousers. Sleek black tank top with a sheer lace shirt over it. Pearl necklace. A touch of gloss on his lips. Mix winked at himself in the mirror and did a little twirl. "Acceptable?" He looked at Earth who was putting on his blazer. The man smiled and grabbed Mix by the hips to pull him closer for a little peck on the lips.

"More than acceptable baby, you look great. I'm glad you're not pouting anymore. I don't like you mad." Mix has already forgave Earth for his demand by ordering himself a new jacket with Earth's credit card. He knew he could survive one boring evening. Or so he thought.

His leg was already bouncing in the car, and as they sat at the VIP table in a restaurant, he continued to shake it under the table so much Earth had to forcibly hold his thigh down.

"Stop it. What's with you?" Earth whispered when their companions got busy chatting between themselves.

Mix shrugged. "Nothing, I'm fine. Just hungry."

"Have you not eaten before you came home?"

"I had gyros at the market." Mix picked at the table cloth. When Earth gave him a disapproving look, he shrugged again. "I wasn't hungry that much, and I had some-...a smoothie."

Before Earth could even ask if the smoothie had booze in it, the waiter approached their table and began setting the dishes down. Italian cuisine wasn't Mix's favourite, but lasagna was always a win.

"May I offer you our 2005 Cabernet?" The waiter asked as he brought a bottle of wine to their table. Mix eagerly pushed his glass forward, but Earth gripped his thigh again.

"It's just one glass!" Mix snapped, but Earth was adamant. No full drink. He let Mix take a sip from his glass after Mix politely, and trough gritted teeth, rejected the wine offer from the waiter.

"And what is it you do, dear?" Charlotte, the woman Earth has had meeting with, and owner of the restaurant they dined in, asked once they finish the meal. "Khun Earth says you like cosmetics?"

"I make solid perfumes." Mix forced a smile. "They are like a little balm, it melts onto your skin and I he fragrance lasts for hours. No harsh chemicals, purely organic and gentle to the skin. I've actually worked on this one yesterday." He reached into his purse, and pulled out a small circular tin he then handed to Charlotte.

"Oh wow, this is interesting. May I?" She gestured with her finger. Mix nodded, and his smile turned more genuine when he felt Earth's hand patting him on the back.

Of course Mix couldn't tell the whole truth; being a stay at home boyfriend and a sugar baby, while his perfume making was more just a hobby than a job. "Sure. If you'd like, you can keep it, I haven't used this tin yet."

Charlotte took a sniff of her wrist and with great appreciation ordered a bottle of champagne to the table. "Come honey, I'd like to give you a toast!"

Mix glanced at Earth whose jaw was clenched. He gave Mix a very short 'go ahead' nod, and also accepted a glass of the liquid, his eyes darting towards Mix who was very quick to get a second glass.

"You need to stop." Earth sighed as they drove home. "It's getting worse baby."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Mix hiccuped, his mood still pleasant.

"Your alcohol addiction." Earth reached into Mix's lap for his purse and dug into it before he pulled out a flask. He shook it, it was barely filled now, and then pulled down a window.

"No don't-!" But it was too late. Earth has dropped the flask out of the window. "I just forgot it was in the bag! It's been there for a long time I swear, I'm not drinking!" Mix complained. "Babe come on, it's just a couple of drinks every now and then."

"Mix...do you think I'm an idiot?" Earth sped up the car when the light turned yellow. "I can see you have a problem. You hide your booze all around the house and can't go without it for more than a few hours. Just like when we got to the restaurant. You're irritated, all the time, until you get your hands on some liquor. Your hands tremble so much it's obvious it's never just a couple of of drinks baby. You can't go to bed unless you drink something, that's why you have trouble falling asleep. It's poisoning you. Baby, I don't want to see you like this."

"I don't have a problem!" Mix snapped as he stepped out of the car and slammed its door; an action Earth really hated. He followed Mix inside the house furious, but still level headed enough to stop himself from shouting.

"Yes sweetheart, you do." Earth sighed. He took his blazer off and loosened his collar button before reaching for Mix's hand. "I don't mind you spending my money, heavens know I want you to. I want to give you anything you want, no matter how much it costs. But baby, you drink too much. I don't..."

"What?" Mix grumbled, staring at their joined hands.

Earth softly kissed his knuckles. "I don't want you to die."

~~

(edit: whoopsie accidentally added in a portion of next chapter I didn't notice, removed it now lmao)