Chapter 13

(Chat from Luke's POV)

(Chat from Khaotung's POV)

"I should probably go home

"I should probably go home." Khao sighed as he put the phone down and put his elbows onto the kitchen counter. He sat on the stool crosslegged and watched as Luke prepared an omelette topless, his shirt worn by Khao. It was way too big for him, but Khao didn't mind; it smelled nice and he didn't feel like eating breakfast completely naked.

"You don't have to, I want you here." Luke said as he placed a plate infront of Khao and offered him one fork. "We're having fun, aren't we?"

Khao clicked his tongue. Five days of having sex, breakfasts in bed, wine and silly movies which they rarely got to finish. It was fun, but guilt was eating at him more and more each day, and he knew sooner or later he would have to return back to his apartment, and go to work.

"Yeah it's fun, but..." Khao wiped his mouth. "I don't think I want everyone at work to know our business. Pond has already asked me if we're together. I said I'm still sick but I don't think he believed me."

"We don't have to tell anyone about us." Luke reached over the counter to touch Khao's cheek. "We can just keep it between us."

"And what is us anyway?" Khao asked as he finished the omelette. "What do you want from me, Luke? We're not a couple, we're not even friends with benefits. We had our fun, but I think it's time to get back to reality."

"Khao..." Luke sighed. "I told you before, I'm not looking for just sex with you-"

"But you're not looking for a relationship either. I can tell something is holding you back from commitment. Don't worry though." Khao let out a chuckle. "I don't want that from you."

"You don't?" Luke raised an eyebrow. He placed the used plate into the dishwasher and grabbed two glasses to pour them some juice.

"No." Khao smiled. "I like you, a lot, and I know you like me too, we've been attracted to each other since the first day, I'm not blind or stupid. But I don't think we would work out in the long run. I think you are just a rebound to me right now."

Luke swallowed. "I'm going to shower." Unsure what else to answer, Luke just exited the kitchen with a sigh, leaving Khao sat at the counter alone while he reflected on how insulting those last few words were.

"Dude, the keypad is not working again."

Khao flinched when a stranger entered the kitchen and immediately headed Ito the fridge. He quickly put his legs off the stool and jumped off, thankful that Luke's big shirt was long enough to keep him modest. "Err...hi."

"Hm?" Gawin turned around when he couldn't recognise the voice. "Oh hey Mix-whoa. You're not...sheesh, you look just like-a friend of mine. Excuse me, but who are you?" He tilted his head, but before Khao could answer those stuttering words, Luke came back, the conversation alerting him.

"Dude..." Gawin looked at Luke in disbelief before glancing back at Khao, who didn't really register how Luke quickly shook his head. "Care to introduce me?"

Khao just wanted to melt into the floor in embarrassment when Gawin looked at him again, his eyes briefly stopping at the sight of Khao's naked legs.

"I'm just gonna put something on." He then quickly dipped and slammed the bedroom door with flustered face. As fast as he could he located his underwear on a bathroom drying rack as well as his jeans, but his shirt was nowhere to be found. Frustrated he tucked the end of Luke's shirt into his waistband and rolled up the sleeves before searching for his phone. He unplugged it from Luke's charger and immediately frowned upon seeing the numerous missed calls and texts from First, the most recent one from an hour ago.

He sighed and headed to the door, his face bumping into Luke's chest on his way out.

"Khao, you don't have to go." Luke reached for his arm, unsuccessfully. He caught up to him at the front door and gave him an apologetic look. "I didn't expect Win to come through here-"

"It's not because of him, I've overstayed my welcome." Khao tied his shoelace. He pecked Luke on the cheek, but avoided his kiss back before giving Gawin a little wave goodbye and rushing over the drive way in a walk of shame.

"Ehm." Gawin cleared his throat when Luke closed the door and returned to his proximity.

Luke groaned. "Shut up, I don't wanna hear it."

"Don't wanna hear what exactly?" Gawin crossed his arms. "That he's a spitting image of your ex boyfriend?"