Chapter 23

"I'm just telling you right now; it's never gonna happen." Force said as he rummaged through his pockets trying to find a lighter. "I'm not interested in you."

"And you think I'm interested in you?" Khao scoffed. "Tsk; you're sulking like a little baby just because I haven't recognised you earlier. Like it's my fault you've been a chubby kid twenty years ago." He then handed Force a lighter which the taller man begrudgingly took.

"I seriously don't know what our parents were thinking, setting us up. I mean, it's not like you're even single." Force blew a puff of smoke out.

"I am." Khao shrugged, and reached for the cigarette pack. He hasn't smoked in a while. "I broke up with First like...two weeks ago?"

"Oh? What was the reason?" The fox faced man had a grin on his lips. "Was it his nose picking habit? The weed smoking? Or the compulsive cheating?"

Khao let out a sigh. "Is it amusing to you?"

"Kinda." Force shrugged. "I just figured, someone like me and you should not get jerked around like that by someone so low like First. Where's your self esteem? You are a high end product, yet you let someone like him put his commoner mitts all over you, and let him cheat on you like that. Sure Khun Earth likes him as a worker, he's an eyecandy, and customers like him, but his personality is trash. It's embarrassing to be seen with someone like him."

"Will you shut up already?" Khao groaned. "He and I, we're done. I learned my lesson. I feel like shit, you don't need to make it worse. I've already heard it from my mom."

"Pity that we're not into each other though." Force chuckled. "We would be a really good match."

"According to our parents, yes." Khao finally cracked a smile. "Hey, I've been meaning to ask, why did you even agreed to this?"

"Oh I had no idea they wanted to set us up until when my dad told me while he was parking the car. I thought we were just having a dinner, to catch up on old friendships." Force leaned against the wall. "Then my dad is all like, oh their son is so handsome, and you are both single and gay, you will be a great pair, blah blah blah. Ever since I came out to them, they think every guy is my type."

"And what is your type?" Khao flicked the cigarette stub into one of his mother's planters without a second thought.

"I like the nerdy bookish types. The ones that look all sweet and innocent but have a darker side once you get to know them." Force crossed his arms. "And they have to be tall; not a shorty like you."

"Hey!" Khao smacked his arm. "Ah well, you aren't wrong about me. I like someone taller than me, and masculine. First wasn't initially my type either, but I ignored it when I fell in love with him. My type is a beefy handsome guy-"

"Like Khun Earth?" Force snickered. "You know you kinda look like his husband?"

"Yea, I've heard that before." Khao's face fell. "But Khun Earth isn't who I was talking about. My Boss...well, the guy I worked for. We kind of...have a thing. But to be honest, I'm still not sure how to feel about it. I just broke up with my ex, it feels..."

"Like you're just using him as a rebound?" Force raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah." Khao nodded.

"I don't think you only think of him as rebound." Force patted his shoulder. "If you did, you wouldn't be having all these mixed feelings, you know? You wouldn't care, you wouldn't think about it. You already have feelings for him. Go for it."

[chat from Khao's POV]

"What's wrong?" Earth asked as they stopped at a red light and Mix let out a heavy sigh

"What's wrong?" Earth asked as they stopped at a red light and Mix let out a heavy sigh. He was playing with his phone, refreshing a chat window, and sighing every time.

"Luke blocked my number." Mix turned the screen to Earth, who frowned. Mix rarely talked about his ex boyfriend.

"Baby, you two broke up...almost a year ago. I'm surprised you still have his contact." Earth lowered the radio volume. "Is there something I should know?"

"No." Mix shook his head. "Well, maybe. I don't want us to get back together, I'm with you now, and I love you, but I feel guilty for what I did to him like back then. I want to apologise, but he's not giving me the chance to do so. I'm sorry." He sniffled.

"Mix..." Earth gently touched his thigh. "Baby, somewhere deep down, he probably knows you're remorseful. But perhaps he just doesn't want to reopen any old wounds by talking to you, you know? Things like that should be a closed chapter. Let it go. Let him go. You still have me."

Mix wiped his eyes. "Do I? Are you truly mine? Only mine and no one else's? Is there anything you want to tell me?"

The engine roared as Earth pulled back into the traffic, but kept his hand on Mix's leg. "When your friend came over, I made a move on him. Don't worry, he rejected me and kicked me in the nuts. But then, he also gave me a pep talk. I...no amount of hook ups is worth losing you. I will never go with anyone else, ever again."

"Do you promise?" Mix placed his hand on Earth's. It wasn't his intention to have such serious conversation in the car, but he wasn't going to let the moment go to waste.

"Yes baby." Earth grabbed Mix's hand, and pressed a kiss to the back of it. "Under one, tiny condition."

"Hm?" Mix raised an eyebrow, confused.

"We will stay in Surat for a month."

"Oh? That's not bad-"

"With no access to alcohol. You need a detox."