Chapter 8

"It's my apartment, he lives there for free!" Khao had to take a long deep breath to calm down his voice. He didn't want to yell. "He doesn't pay a single bill, or even groceries, he keeps telling me he wants to pamper me, but never does. Damn it, I even paid for his last semester's tuition. I cook, do his laundry, clean the place, and yet nothing I do is good enough."

"You know he's not a good guy, I don't know what you see in him." Luke shrugged. He reached to the cupboard for two glasses and a bottle of wine from his collection. "How many times in the past few weeks have you come to the bar just to drink? How many times have I seen you upset? I stopped counting at this point, yet despite it all, you keep coming back to him. I don't get it."

"Because I know he loves me." Khao reached for the first glass Luke filled. "He wants me, he's just..."

Luke scoffed. "There's a difference between somebody who wants you, and somebody who would do anything to keep you."

"And you, Luke? You would do anything to keep me?"

Luke swallowed. He himself didn't have a good answer to that, and instead took his glass and clinked it against Khao's. "I'm not sure. But...I'm not just looking for sex from you, okay? I want you to know that."

"See...even you can't fully commit." Khao said sarcastically and finally took a big sip of the wine. It has a smooth, almost sweet taste, and he knew it must have been expensive.

Luke sighed. "You and I share the same fate, you know? We gave our hearts to people who don't love us back."

Khao finished his glass upon hearing those words. It didn't hurt, but he was still a little taken back by it. "So I'm a rebound to you then..."

"If I wanted just a rebound, I would have fucked a stranger." Luke said as he poured them a second round and sat closer on the sofa. "I want to be with you."

Khao chuckled. He placed his unfinished drink down and leisurely lounged on the sofa, with head propped by his right arm. "Why me? You're rich, successful, attractive...I'm just one of your bartenders."

Luke's second glass remained untouched as the man's hand was now too busy touching Khao's cheek, his fingers slipping into the younger's hair. "You have no idea how beautiful you are to me, Khaotung..." Thumb that touched the cheek slipped lower, stroking Khao's lower lip, their faces inching closer.

Khao could feel Luke's warm breath on his parted lips. "Kiss me if you dare."