Chapter 22

"Can you change your shirt, Khaotung? You know I don't like you wearing these band t-shirts

"Can you change your shirt, Khaotung? You know I don't like you wearing these band t-shirts." Khao's mother gently smacked his shoulder. "I prepared you a nice outfit; wear it."

"Mama, I'm 25, I don't need you to prepare my clothes-"

"Speak properly." She scolded him again. "I want you to make a good impression, Srisangs are coming for lunch, remember?"

"Who?" He groaned when she forcibly pulled the t-shirt off him and slammed a golden pattern blouse onto his head. He recognised it to be Prada, Khao wanted to buy it for a while. His mother knew his fashion taste well, if only there weren't those cheap band t-shirts.

"I told you, we have friends coming. And you know them. You used to play with their son when you were children. You and Force were inseparable in the summer, especially in the pool." She smiled, smoothing down his hair. "You know, Force is now in Bangkok, working in a restaurant. His parents wanted him to have some hands on customer service experience before writing off the company to him." She pinched Khao's cheek. "Imagine; a corporate heir for a husband. And he's just two years older than you. He would be a great match for you. Certainly better than someone who can't even pay his own tuition." His mother turned up her nose.

"Mama, we broke up. Stop bringing him up." Khao scowled. "Besides, I'm kind of seeing someone-"

"Already? It's too soon!"

"You were literally trying to fix me up with someone less than a minute ago!" Khao finally pushed her hand away when she tried to wipe something off his mouth by licking her thumb. "Besides, I don't even know this guy."

"He's your friend! You were so close when you were children. He grew up to be very handsome too."

"Mama, I had a lot of friends as a child." Khao grumbled, but followed his mother like a good boy to the gazebo for lunch. "I really don't remember-"

"You liked to call him P'Foo." She smiled.

"Oh god, the fatty?" Khao groaned as he remembered, earning himself a smack to the back of his head. "Ow! Anyway, where is Pa? He promised to get my Stang polished."

"Speak properly."

"Mustang." Khaotung groaned. This was the only thing he disliked about going back home. Everything had to be proper. His clothes, his hair, his speech. No slang, no cussing. "He promised."

"Don't worry, it will be done tomorrow. Oh, they're here." She then waved a little at the family lead by Khao's father and bowed for greeting.

Khao's jaw dropped. Not because the fatty he once knew grew into a tall handsome man, but because he knew him. With fox like features and annoyed expression, he was that server at Earth's restaurant, whose face always looked as if he thought everyone around was beneath him. Now Khao knew why.