Chapter 5: Sneaking In

Getting back home as the boys sneaked in nice and quietly not to get caught by their rat father, started to whisper at each other which is gonna get them caught.

"Everyone be quiet." Leo whispered.

"You be quiet." Raph whispering in anger and annoyed.

"I'll make white noises." Mikey whispers loudly.

"Mikey stop!" Donnie said quietly.

"That makes it louder." Leo replied quietly. Suddenly, the lights were turned on by splinter which caused the boys to jump in fear noticing their father waited for them to get home and it didn't usually took them this long before.

"Boys, where have you been? I've been freaking out!" Splinter said in a worried tone as they put down the groceries, mumbling so many excuses.

"We're sorry dad!" Leo apologized.

"There was a lot of traffic!" Donnie replied.

"It was a cat and you know that I'm scared of cats!" Mikey said as he put the two jugs of milk on the table near him.

"Yeah, the cat." Raph said as they tried to walk pass him with looks on their faces until the rat stopped them from going in their rooms.

"Wait a second!" Splinter said suspiciously as the boys froze and looked at him. " You said that you would go shopping and come right back! Where were you?"

They started mumbling again except for Leo who ratted his brothers out, since he didn't want to tell any lies about where they were and they came home so late.

"Uh, um..." Donnie stuttered nervously.

"Nothing happened." Mikey said.

"Look, we're really sorry splinter some of the guys wanted to see a movie and I've tried to talk them out of it!" Leo said as he twiddling his fingers nervously and shrugged up his shoulders.

"Leo!!!" They've cried out.

"Are you serious?" Mikey asked.

Splinter was shocked. "What? You watched a movie with a human! Yuck!" He said disgustingly as the rat sticks his tongue out since he hated humans.

Mikey scolded his brother. "You ratted us out!"

"Hey! Don't use that word that way!" Splinter snapped at his youngest son as his brothers mumbled to him.

"It's 2023, Mikey." Raph said quietly.

"Sorry dad!" Mikey apologized.

"It wasn't that big of a deal, we just watched a movie and came back! We're fine!" Donnie said as the rat walked towards up to his four turtle teen sons.

"Hmm? You forgot, huh? Why humans are disgusting monsters? Why they're going to milk us and drain our blood?" He asked as the rat strokes his beard and his sons let out frustration groans.

"We don't even have nipples!" Raph said in anger.

"You know what? I'm gonna tell you the story again!" Splinter said as he helded up his paws in front of his sons.

"No! I get a year older every time!" Mikey exclaimed as there was a picture frame on the wall showing a young splinter and the boys as babies.

"Then I'll be telling you the longer version of it." Splinter said.

"No, no, no!" Donnie replied. Splinter let out a chuckle.

Flashback:

"It all started 15 years ago, I was a young rat in my 20s." Splinter said as he was a little rat eating stuff from the trash. "Look at me, I was so cute, I was on top of the world....no scratch that! I was on the bottom of the world and it was terrible because nobody liked me and I had no friends."