t h i r t e e n

'Mikey?' I cry down the phone, now in my bed, led in my baggy white top and yoga pants.

'Isabella, are you okay? What's up?' Michael asks, sounding stressed.

I take a deep breath trying to control my infrequent breathing and begin to play with the cuticles on my fingernails,

'I'm fine, I need a cigarette, where are you?' I choke out.

'At mine, hang on I'll send you my location' He replies before my phone buzzes against my head, I look at it to a see a location sent to me.

'Okay, I'm on my way' I sniffle, before hanging up the phone.

I chuck on my converse, and make my way down stairs trying to avoid Molly in her room. She's sat at the desk, doing her nails listening to All Time Low, thankfully drowning out the sound of me walking by.

 I sneak past and head out the door, walking down the surprisingly desolate street.

I pick up the pace, feeling the wind pick up around my ankles, sending cold shivers through my body. I look down at my phone realising I'm only 2 blocks away.

If I had a car right now we wouldn't have to worry about all this crap but no... Of course not, I have to walk everywhere.

I don't even know why I'm walking to Michael's but all I know is I want to get there fast.

I shove the hoodie I bought with me on, pulling the hood over my head, almost snuggling into it, whilst walking.

Minutes later, I stand outside an average sized town house, dark red brick with white window frames. I walk up the stairs leading up to the door and knock lightly, trying to make myself look presentable.

Michael opens the door, dressed in a flannel shirt and black jeans, holding the bridge of his nose as he stares at me.

'Hey' I weakly say, before he gestures for me to come in.

I walk into the cosy style house, standing awkwardly at the bottom of the stairs.

'First door on the left, I'll be up in a moment' He says gesturing upstairs, I half smile at him and scurry up stairs.

As soon as I walk in the room, I'm taken back by the amount of clothes cluttering on the floor, almost making it impossible to see the floor. Surprisingly, it doesn't smell as bad as you'd presume. In the middle of his double bed lays a large indent where the duvet has almost made a barricade around that area. Has Michael really been festering in here all day?

I perch on the side of the bed, pulling down my hood as he walks in the room, closing the door behind him.

'What's up?' He asks, sitting back in the spot at the head of the bed, crossing his legs effortlessly.

I hesitate for a second looking down at my lap. 'Nothing, I just feel really down' I stutter. 'I- I don't know I guess'

He sighs and leans over, pulling my into a bear hug, I wrap my arms around him and hide my face in the crook of his neck, letting tears loosely fall out my eyes.

'Um, I didn't say you could cry on me' He questions, pulling away and grabbing two controllers.

I wipe my eyes quickly 'Sorry' I sniffle.

'Zombies?' He smirks, holding up the controllers. I laugh and shuffle up to the head of the bed, sitting next to Michael, placing a pillow behind my back.

Thank god. The first person to actually not want to drag on my life problems, instead he's getting my mind off it.

Seconds turn to minutes, minutes turn to hours and before I know it, the sun is almost setting, making the sky go various shades of pink and orange.